• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class 92

Plus the hull trains ones are really no use what so ever! Don't know how it is meant to hold the ticket without it falling out!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Northern Rail gave me a Samaritans one, as well as their own and a National Rail one. The TPE ticket wallets may be like the Hull trains ones which are made of card!

There are two types that I've seen, one of similar material to the National Rail wallet (with 3 pockets) and a smaller, more flimsy two piece design - the latter seems to be made out of slightly less rubbery plastic.

I've also got a Stagecoach East Midlands branded wallet at home, but it's falling apart after a couple of years of having Megariders and then a Stagecoach Smart in it. Still a nice design though - really big pockets designed for bus tickets (so great for a load of NR tickets!).

Blindtraveler

Established Member
i had a GNER one till round 18 months back, I lost it when my railcard got nicked when on an overnight coach. it was a shame as it had lasted since 2005, far longer than any NR ones iv had. would love to know where to get one of the larger ones for bus tickets as despite being a disabled consesion holder its not uncommon for me to pay for bus tickets with local opperater speciffic or PTE area megarider or ranger type tickets and bottom teer advances on Citylink gold being my most regular purchases.↲

David Goddard

Established Member
Was in Scotland last October and got hold of a Scotrail one- only has two panels instead of the three on others (such as NationalRail). Still got one of the nave Railcaard wallets from the 1990s, but they were a bit rigid and the corners fail after time.

Booked a load of reservations for our ALR last summer on several occasions and each time got a bundle of NationalRail wallets, such that we had one for each day of the rover!

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Got a few ticket wallets now, I'll list them and how I got them. I was looking for a Northern Rail one yesterday and all 5 ticket offices I asked told me they had them and gave me a national rail one :roll:

In my ticket wallet collection I have:

About 30 National Rail wallets, obtained over the years from various stations
2 TPE obtained Manchester Airport ticket office
2 Southeastern , obtained via email
2 SWT 2 window wallets, obtained via Ebay and email
1 SWT First class leather wallet, obtained via email
2 Virgin trains 'Time flies' wallets, obtained at Manchester Picc VT helpdesk and Birmingham New Street TO
1 red VT wallet, obtained at Crewe about 2 years ago
1 FGW, obtained at Paddington TO
2 XC, obtained at Northern Rail helpdesk at Manchester Picc
2 Grand Central, obtained via Email
1 ATW oyster holder style wallet, obtained via email
1 southern oyster holder style wallet, obtained via email
2 Hull trains, obtained via Email. They are pieces of card that fold over, maybe what tickets come in if brought online and ask for the tickets to be mailed.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
For what it's worth, I renewed my season ticket last Tuesday in Newport.

I asked for a new plastic National Rail wallet - which I received with no difficulty.

:)

Class 92

Got a few ticket wallets now, I'll list them and how I got them. I was looking for a Northern Rail one yesterday and all 5 ticket offices I asked told me they had them and gave me a national rail one :roll

I emailed Northern and they sent me two.

D365

Veteran Member
I'll sell you a TfL Oyster wallet with an inspiring "Boris on London" quote ;D

Last edited:

bicbasher

Established Member
Asked for a wallet at LOROL managed Forest Hill and it was the National Rail blue one instead of the standard TfL Oyster one.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
There are still a significant number of green Central Trains wallets floating around - evidently they were made of quite sturdy stuff. They seem to most commonly contain a Senior Railcard - so it's possible they just don't get used all that often.

I've only got plain National Rail ones - there certainly aren't branded East Midlands Trains ones which is a shame. I also had a Samaritans one for awhile, which was given out to rail staff who attended their courses, but I can't find it.

TPE do branded wallets, but they don't look all that sturdy.

Last time I was at The Hawthorns about 18 months ago they had CT ones! :D

jon0844

Veteran Member
Is the Samaritans one for people who might get depressed when they keep looking at the price on their season ticket?

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
No! Using their Northern service surely?

Haha, seriously though is there a one with a Northern design?

Established Member
Haha, seriously though is there a one with a Northern design?

I've seen other commuters with leather Northern ticket Wallets who have bought their tickets through work. It is very dark blue and have the Northern Logo on the front.

dvboy

Established Member
Which TPEs do ticket wallets?
I know Centro do Network West Midlands branded ones in plastic and leather, for their season ticket products, but do any others?

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I know Centro do Network West Midlands branded ones in plastic and leather, for their season ticket products, but do any others?

TPE do ticket wallets. I obtained 2 from Manchester Airport ticket office last Saturday.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

TPE do ticket wallets. I obtained 2 from Manchester Airport ticket office last Saturday.
I assume he meant to say PTEs rather than TPEs. I have in my collection one from Greater Manchester and one from West Yorkshire (Metro) in addition to the different kinds from West Midlands.

Established Member
Nexus have some for Pop Cards, in different colours. You can also get ones for Network One tickets.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I have a Subway two-part one, obtained from an SPT travel office.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Nexus have some for Pop Cards, in different colours. You can also get ones for Network One tickets.

Got some of them in the mail after emailing Nexus. From memory I got a multi-coloured POP 2-part wallet, a light blue Metro Student card wallet and a black MetroSaver wallet.

Class 92

They said they don't have any or something like that, Arriva take for ever to reply to my emails!

1e10

They said they don't have any or something like that, Arriva take for ever to reply to my emails!

Responded to my email within a few days saying they could and requesting my address. I sent my address back almost immediately and had a response a few hours later saying they would send one out on Monday, this was on Friday.

They respond alot faster than their colleagues at XC!

Class 92

XC were first to reply to me they did it within a couple of hours of me sending the email which was in the afternoon.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Although they replied saying they don't have any :/

ModernRailways

Established Member
They respond alot faster than their colleagues at XC!

If they respond! XC never responded to me for an actual complaint so I ended up sending a letter in. According to them they had a backlog - a 6 month backlog...

Although, when I asked about a ticket wallet I had a response a day later!

1e10

Although, when I asked about a ticket wallet I had a response a day later!

Funny you mention that! XC replied to my request for a ticket wallet pretty much the next day saying they could send me one and that it would be the last of their stocks for now. Whenever I've emailed them with a complaint or compliment towards their service/staff they've taken a month to get back to me. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.