• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tickets I get - spot the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
One good thing about my local station is that it looks good with the following combinations: ;)

westerton.jpg

For a trip to Glasgow

rolleston.jpg

For a trip to Nottingham/Newark, places in that area

wimbledon.jpg

For a trip to London

;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben

Now we know his local station lets go park a Pacer there

Oh no we dont need to do that Northern do it every hour or so. :lol:

Good Thing to notice though!

Z12XE

But you can purchase tickets to/from any ticket office or member of staff with an appropiate ticket machine.

Anyway, I fail to see why someone should get excited about the word "on"

ChrisM

AJP said:
ChrisM said:
Only one has been checked by a guard/conductor?

Actually two have :roll: ;)
Now i think about it,you may well be right but that's not get too excited until Yorkie can confirm it. 8)

Nick

Two have been gripped, and one of these features a biro cancel on the ticket (Indicates he's had at least two different conductors and possibly train companies!)

Rob

Mojo said:
156418 said:
What are you trying to point out?

That the railways are a rip-off?
How do those tickets prove that? I'd say those tickets were quite reasonable when compaired to petrol costs for the same journey by car.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
158 said:
Now we know his local station lets go park a Pacer there

Oh no we dont need to do that Northern do it every hour or so. :lol:

Good Thing to notice though!
156418 said:
What are you trying to point out?
I think he's pointing out that Poppleton has an hourly pacer service. Indeed it does, although it's not unknown (but very rare) for a 158 (but this was before TPE split) or 150 to operate the route.

As for the ticket prices, I'd say reasonable considering they're walk-on fares. But if I didn't have a Y-P then it would be a rip-off ;)

Anyway, I am surprosed no-one spotted that one of them isn't even a ticket - it's a gate pass, so shouldn't be 'gripped' . Unfortunately you can see by the position of the Westerton 'grip' that the ticket was punched where the magnetic strip is, causing a bit of a problem at Edinburgh's ticket gates.

I may get Poppleton to Pontlottyn for my next trip to bash the Rhymney 37s.

metrocammel

This is mine for (today!) It's a classic Alexandra Parade to Alexandra Palace (+London) So, basically a Glasgow / Edinburgh to London ticket - (valid on tube too)

Status
Not open for further replies.