• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tickets on TP Express app

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyJ

Hi, I purchased my tickets on the app, selected which trains I want to travel on etc. but when I have looked at the e-tickets there is no times (just the dates when I can use the tickets)

my return (meant to be for the 10th October, says I can use until the 7th November)

have I made an error or have I basically brought anytime returns? any help would be appreciated as I’d like to travel on the times I chose .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikeg

Established Member
The app itself gives minimal information though more can be accessed by pressing the info button, this should then show you the restriction code. Alternatively the pdf in the email will show you this. Also it will no doubt say a break of journey Is not permitted even where it is I raised this with TPE over 3 months ago and still haven't received a response.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
As mikeg says tap the i icon bottom right when the 2D code is on screen. Their app really is rubbish at displaying the tickets in my view. This will open the route field in full detail, any time restrictions, and any reservations, among other things.

SammyJ

Oh thanks, I see it - the trains I selected are a “suggested itinerary” but they are valid only on TP which is fine.

do I need to ring up to book a seat?

mikeg

Established Member
Itll say if you have a seat booked otherwise just sit in an unreserved seat. Coach A is mostly unreserved and usually quietest on the 802s. If you didn't get a reservation you either didn't select reserve a seat or there were no seats left to reserve, in which case the train is likely to be busy and you may have to stand.

SammyJ

Oh it didn’t give me an option to book anything, but I’ll make sure I’m early then as I’m getting on at Haymarket. Returning from Preston maybe an issue but it’s not too long of a journey.

thanks to you both for your help!

_toommm_

Established Member
Oh it didn’t give me an option to book anything, but I’ll make sure I’m early then as I’m getting on at Haymarket. Returning from Preston maybe an issue but it’s not too long of a journey.

thanks to you both for your help!
Once you select your trains and log in, it’ll let you request seats. If you have an advance, it’ll force you (and this is where you can choose preferences - note though if you’re using a TPE train they don’t know which way round the train will be so they can’t fulfill forwards/backwards requests). If you have flexible tickets, it’ll let you choose to reserve at that point.

SammyJ

Once you select your trains and log in, it’ll let you request seats. If you have an advance, it’ll force you (and this is where you can choose preferences - note though if you’re using a TPE train they don’t know which way round the train will be so they can’t fulfill forwards/backwards requests). If you have flexible tickets, it’ll let you choose to reserve at that point.

It came up with some wording like “there are no seats available to reserve, buy without reservation or change service”

Sorry to sound like a broken record, is there a major event on? there is no seats for TP or Avanti for travel on Friday 8th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.