• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tickets will be accepted on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerstreet

Been meaning to ask this for a while. Just heard an announcement on the tube about delays to jubilee and met lines and that 'tickets will be accepted on local buses, overground, Thameslink and c2c.

What does this actually mean?

Given most users will be on a travelcard (accepted in the zones anyway) or oyster payg/ contactless , will payg/contactless under the cap get an auto refund for additional bus fare or multi modal premium if used on NR?
Are they told not to touch in?
Do they need to ring up to get a refund?

This used to make perfect sense when most people has a paper ticket but in the world of oyster/contactless what happens?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
If you have a paper ticket you'll be let through by the attendants.

If you have a Travelcard you use it as normal.

If you're using Oyster/contactless on c2c it costs the same as the tube. On Thameslink, I suppose you could phone up for a refund if your travels include "red" routes. On buses, you would also need to phone up.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
IIRC TfL now won't give refunds where you take an alternative route due to disruption. If you have a bus pass on Oyster they still might, when bus tickets are valid on the tube, but I'm not sure.

I think the announcement is more about telling people they can use alternative routes rather than explaining ticket validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.