• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Time lapse locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModernRailways

Established Member
I'm currently on a 14 Day FC ALR and would like to hop off the train and do some videos. Can anyone recommend me a station (preferably Manchester/Doncaster/Leeds and northwards up towards Glasgow/Edinburgh) which would be best and sees almost a constant stream of trains passing through. I would like to do a time lapse video and so I'll need somewhere that has a platform that is far off from the rest and gives a fairly clear view of the tracks ahead.
Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bevan Price

Established Member
For your time lapse, I would suggest:
Manchester Piccadilly (south end of one of the longer platforms - choice depends on time of day / position of sun)

Leeds (West end of platforms)

Glasgow Central.

For other video/photography, some of Doncaster, York, Warrington Bank Quay, Preston, Carlisle for a start. With an ALR you have the possibility of getting off at a station for an hour or so, then moving to any other station for a bit of variety.

And consider stations with less frequent services - a scenic location giving you one or two video clips can be more impressive than a mass of clips of similar trains from a busy station.

ModernRailways

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm hoping to go to Glasgow Central or Manchester, for some reason though Carlisle seems to be pointing out as somewhere good too, my only problem is if I catch Carlisle during one of it's dead few hours then it wouldn't make a very interesting timelapse.

I plan to do the Stockport Parliamentary Train to Stalybridge if I can. I also want to go to a few rural spots and get a few more landscape shots, I'm hoping for ones within the Southern region for those though as I have access to some rural spots near where I live thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.