• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Time of Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I was wondering if there was such a command in BVE4 that enabled you to darken or lighten the whole of your route. IE: If you wanted a night time route, you could use such a command to determine the brightness of the objects, sky etc, without modifying the objects themselves.

If there is a command that does this, what is it? :D
Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Have a look at the Night routes in XCity - I believe it uses a technique like that.

The Snap

Established Member
Ah right, OK. Cheers TC! :D

EDIT: I found these under the 'With Route' command:

.LightDirection 40;230,
.DirectionalLight 35;35;45,
.AmbientLight 55;55;55,

Anyone shed any light on what the different parts mean? :)

DOUBLE EDIT: I think in in this command, .AmbientLight 55;55;55,, if you higher all the numbers by the smae, the darkness is less. I think if you put .AmbientLight 255;255;255, then there will be no dark. :?: :? ;)

Dennis

Established Member
.LightDirection 40;230,

elevation of directional light; angle of directional light

.DirectionalLight 35;35;45,
.AmbientLight 55;55;55,

R;G;B values of the directional and ambient lighting.

The Snap

Established Member
Yeah, I wanted to put lights on the platform using semi-transpartent yellow beems of light, but they appear darker, so you can't really see the light... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.