Time to waste in Manchester/Liverpool tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chapeltom, 1 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapeltom

Chapeltom Established Member

Hi all

I finish Uni at 11am tomorrow, probably a bit earlier but I'm going to a paid focus group session in Manchester at 4pm. I don't want to go home, as it would be pointless and costly.

The pub is out of the question unfortunately, anyone know any attractions that are free in Manchester and/or Liverpool?

I'll have a Chapel en le Frith to Southport return so can go anywhere between Liverpool and Manchester, Liverpool and Southport.

Cheers

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. tony_mac

tony_mac Established Member

What sort of things do you want to do?

There's a number of free museums and galleries in both cities.
    I can think of war, costume, maritime (including slavery), local history, historical art, modern art, science and industry as well as more general museums.

(As an easy suggestion, within about 500 metres of Lime St there is St George's Hall, Walker Art Gallery and World Museum Liverpool - all free.)
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    I had another thought, for future reference.....

Do you know about the Sconul access scheme?

You need to get a card from your library, but then you can visit many other university libraries across the country.
    Unfortunately, you won't be able to borrow books (research students can) - but it gives you somewhere to sit and read/work, and you should be able to get wifi access with eduroam.

The LSE have some very nice beanbags if you are there and fancy a nap!

Last edited: 1 Nov 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.