• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Timetable doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonBVE

The Class 158 scenarios timetable don't work. Can somebody help me. The 158 Timetable works fine on the 156 and 66 scenarios but no the 158. The timetable also work in 158 scenarios (Maybank) but don't work in Richwell Network.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
It's down to the route - not the train which is why it works in Maybank but not Richwell.

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
It's down to the route - not the train which is why it works in Maybank but not Richwell.
I think there is a timetable issue in the route again! It works here, so maybe you need to change the directrives Damon to get it to work. I'm not sure though...;)

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
I think there is a timetable issue in the route again! It works here, so maybe you need to change the directrives Damon to get it to work. I'm not sure though...;)
Why do you assume everyone who has downloaded YOUR route off of YOUR website in the installer YOU made have ALL changed the slashes?

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
Why do you assume everyone who has downloaded YOUR route off of YOUR website in the installer YOU made have ALL changed the slashes?
I didn't say that! ;) If I'm not mistaken, I was talking to Damon, whom I think is yourself Coxster! ;) I do not assume anyone has downloaded my route, however since you mentioned the timetables weren't working, I obviously assumed you had downloaded it, as you wouldn't know otherwise.
Anyway, I do not assume anything about my route or site, and I am very pleased when someone tells me they have downloaded it. It would be very big headed of me to expect that of everyone, and that isnot what I a like! :)

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
I didn't say that! ;) If I'm not mistaken, I was talking to Damon, whom I think is yourself Coxster! ;) I do not assume anyone has downloaded my route, however since you mentioned the timetables weren't working, I obviously assumed you had downloaded it, as you wouldn't know otherwise.
Anyway, I do not assume anything about my route or site, and I am very pleased when someone tells me they have downloaded it. It would be very big headed of me to expect that of everyone, and that isnot what I a like! :)
What I mean is various people have commented the timetable does not work yet you say it works your end. You tell them to change the slashes as they must be the wrong way round. If the version on your site works fine then you are hinting everyone must've changed the direction of the slashes in order for it not to work.

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
What I mean is various people have commented the timetable does not work yet you say it works your end. You tell them to change the slashes as they must be the wrong way round. If the version on your site works fine then you are hinting everyone must've changed the direction of the slashes in order for it not to work.

Not entirely. I am simply telling anyone who has the route and can't see the timetables to experiment with the slashes, as it may help solve the problem. I don't know if you remember, but the whole reason the original Stage 2 didn't have timetables was because I had the problem with directives, however I managed to sort it. Whether my PC has different directives to everyone else’s, I don't know, but it seems that way...

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
Not entirely. I am simply telling anyone who has the route and can't see the timetables to experiment with the slashes, as it may help solve the problem. I don't know if you remember, but the whole reason the original Stage 2 didn't have timetables was because I had the problem with directives, however I managed to sort it. Whether my PC has different directives to everyone else’s, I don't know, but it seems that way...
No - the only way it'll be different is if you have reffered to them on your local drive or you have been fiddling with the main BVE program's code!

Tom B

Established Member
"Different directives" - what exactly are they?!?!

Bizarre

I too am unable to see the timetable when using the 158 scenario and have definitely not changed anything as I wouldn't know how! :o

Otherwise this is a spendid route. Thanks Rich & well done.

Advice very welcome please. Thanks. 8-)

The Snap

Established Member
Bizarre said:
I too am unable to see the timetable when using the 158 scenario and have definitely not changed anything as I wouldn't know how! :o

Otherwise this is a spendid route. Thanks Rich & well done.

Advice very welcome please. Thanks. 8-)

I realised yesterday that after all this, the Class 158 route didn't even have the timetable loading code in! I have sent it to Liondon BVE since, so I hope it is sorted now.

Tom, I think it was you who told me originally about the slashes (ages ago,) and I have always called them directrives. Is that a made up word LOL? ;)

Bizarre

Rich said:
I realised yesterday that after all this, the Class 158 route didn't even have the timetable loading code in! I have sent it to Liondon BVE since, so I hope it is sorted now.

Tom, I think it was you who told me originally about the slashes (ages ago,) and I have always called them directrives. Is that a made up word LOL? ;)

Thanks Rich. Could you let me have the code please and instructions for incorporation? Or are you going to update the download file? Thanks. :salute:

Tom B

Established Member
Slashes are slashes - they can be troublesome, DOS used them for command line options as opposed to the normal hyphen, so they decided to use backslashes for filepaths. Only so many people are used to using a normal slash for filepaths as pretty much all other file systems use them (ext3 and such - proper OS's :P).

Directives itself isn't a made up word - it's like a set of directions (think of EU directives, or directives from TPTB) but I think you've managed to make a new meaning of it ;)!

The Snap

Established Member
Bizarre, I'll be updating the rote soon, so please do be patient. The route will not only feature the timetable, but new, updated orignal statiosn, the new signalling system at NA Depot, and new scenarios... ;)

Nitro

I was giving you an idea for some other scenarios. Just a thought anyway.

The Snap

Established Member
Nitro said:
I was giving you an idea for some other scenarios. Just a thought anyway.

Oh, I see! Hmmm, no, probably not actually, as it would involve some very intricate track work, which I can't master how to do well yet. However, night routes are looking more likely ...keep a look out on the site and on here for news! :p

Nitro

Night routes are good! Can I just ask what the station between Aston Town and Aston Market is (its on the slow line to the left) because it doesnt say in the map.

The Snap

Established Member
If you mean the small one before the point junction between King Edwards and Aston Town, that is Fernshot Parkway, an abandoned station, that trains don't stop at, hence why it is over grown. ;)

(PS: Can someone please tell me how to do poles in this new system, as I need to do one...?) :D

Nitro

I could ve sworn it was between Aston Town and Aston Market but oh well. I did notice it was overgrown but thought nothing of it.

Bill EWS

HI,
I found a problem too and it worked out that Richard's Timtable folder (In the objects folder) was given the title 'Timetables and my own was 'Timetable', check the route file to see whether you require an 's' or not !!

Regards.

Bill.

Bizarre

I don't profess to be a BVE programmer but have managed to sort this by copying the train details from the 66 route file to the 158 and making adaptions to refer to the Cl158 train. All seems to be working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.