• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Timetable error - Penrith station

Status
Not open for further replies.

valenta

Whilst attempting to organise a trip to the Lake District via the trainline website, I noticed there was a discrepancy between the website and the Virgin trains west coast timetable regarding Penrith station. Whilst the trainline suggested that numerous trains would stop at Penrith, most of these trains were not shown on the actual timetable to stop at Penrith. For example, I speak from experience in saying that the 12:00 from Glasgow Central does in fact stop at Penrith, contrary to what is stated on the timetable (see image below) and also the on board PA system, causing some confusion for passengers.
Is there any known explanation for this error?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quakkerillo

I'm unable to find any proof of the 12:00 train stopping at Penrith.
National Rail, timetable, Realtimetrains, Thetrainline.
Where did you exactly find it?

MCR247

Established Member
In addition, I can't find any evidence of the trainline saying trains call at Penrith that dont?

crehld

Established Member
I speak from experience in saying that the 12:00 Glasgow to Euston service does not stop at Penrith. Perhaps the OP was on a train which was held at a red signal at Penrith?

philjo

Established Member
Perhaps the previous (11:40) service due to call at Penrith had been cancelled that day so the 12:00 called instead?

Last edited:

janb

Extra trains including the 1200 from Glasgow stopped at Penrith for Kendal Calling between 30/7 and 3/8. Perhaps this is cause of confusion?

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
I rode the 1200 in June, we didn't call at Penrith. Sorry.

berneyarms

Established Member
Extra trains including the 1200 from Glasgow stopped at Penrith for Kendal Calling between 30/7 and 3/8. Perhaps this is cause of confusion?

In other words there was a big music festival on - hence the extra stop (for those posters who didn't know what Kendal Calling was!).

valenta

Yes, I travelled during that time so this is precisely the confusion. Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.