• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

i wondered where can i find a timetable or a departure board on the net which shows the class of the train. i mean- how can i know (according to the timetable or departure board) what kind of train is running a service?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43000 said:
i wondered where can i find a timetable or a departure board on the net which shows the class of the train. i mean- how can i know (according to the timetable or departure board) what kind of train is running a service?

On the GNER Website you can find what class of train runs the service. Its either Electric (91) or HST.

Coxster

Established Member
Midland Mainline used to put whether it was a HST or a Meridian. Not sure if they still do. First Great western used to put an 'A' in a circle if a train was a booked Adelante.

Established Member
Coxster said:
Midland Mainline used to put whether it was a HST or a Meridian. Not sure if they still do. First Great western used to put an 'A' in a circle if a train was a booked Adelante.

Midland still do, although only for 4-car meridian diagrams. HSTs and 9-car meridians are not seperated, which is not helpful!

ikar

They don't show which train will be booked because regular coustomers don't need to know what is booked and they would than start to moan (Why is there a 458 when the TT shows 450 etc.). Some companies show how many carriadges do their trains have in peaks, but you won't find that kind info anywhere, besides diagrams/stock working books.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
87015 said:
Midland still do, although only for 4-car meridian diagrams. HSTs and 9-car meridians are not seperated, which is not helpful!

Anyone know where I can find details of which trains are diegramed for HSTs and which for 9-car Meridiens at weekends. thejunction.org.uk only has weekday diagrams. In particular, anyone know what the 6:16 off Sheffield is booked for on a Saturday?

Established Member
i would also like to see digrams for Midland Mainline on Saturdays. If u find 'em, please post a link!
All i can offer is this:by viewing diagrams i am fairly sure the vast majority, if not all, Nottinghams are junk, and the 0925 St Pancras-Sheffield is as per weekday diagram, but then works onto the 1727 x Sheffield, an hour earlier than weekdays. (not sure if these two workings are same set). By rights there must be balancing workings for these workings-1425 St Pancras-Sheffield must be Meridian.

To me the 0616 off Sheffield looks a bit suspect as the inward working for the 0925 back off Pancras, but thats only guesswork/pessimism!

Isn't there a guy from Belper on here? he might have a better idea-hope he reads this!

Andrew

125 Group publish a set of HST diagrams every timetable - it's very good. It's £3 for non-members and £2 for members, and includes the FGW, GNER and MML diagrams, plus the NMT. Note that the current issue doesn't show FGW weekend diagrams as there are currently a lot of engineering works on the Western and therefore diagrams are changing all the time.

Guinness

Established Member
Midland Mainline colour code the trains in the timetable as

Green - HSTs
Purple - Meridians

9-Car and 4-Car Meridian trains are usually displayed on the Platform Departure boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.