• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tip on booking Flybe Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
Have just had to book a trip down to Brum in July to see some family.

Discovered by accident it was cheaper to book two single journeys rather than a return.

Only about a tenner in it - but just goes to show.

Cost me a shade under £70 return - I pay no transaction fee as use Halifax Electron Card .

Worth noting the days of £25 each way are over - mind you they have no competition since BMI Baby jacked.

Still competitive price though and 45 mins in the air with an Embraer from Edinburgh to Birmingham.:p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

starrymarkb

Established Member
If you are flying to France with them and taking a suitcase it's often cheaper to book on airfrance.com as you avoid all their fees and get 23kg baggage allowance. Flybe Codeshare with Air Frog so it's the same plane!

Butts

Veteran Member
If you are flying to France with them and taking a suitcase it's often cheaper to book on airfrance.com as you avoid all their fees and get 23kg baggage allowance. Flybe Codeshare with Air Frog so it's the same plane!

Yes the same with BA on some flights they codeshare in the UK (BA own 20% of Flybe)

Butts

Veteran Member
Interesting FLYBE have just revamped to a "three class" service.

Debit Card Fees have been axed even for the cheapest class and a 10kg Hand Baggage allowance included.

Wonder if Easyjet will get rid of the "transaction fee" of £9 now ?

Makes a change for a charge to be removed......mind you they are losing a lot of money at the moment (FLYBE)

My Electron card is about to be made redundant :roll:

WestCoast

Established Member
Interesting FLYBE have just revamped to a "three class" service.

Debit Card Fees have been axed even for the cheapest class and a 10kg Hand Baggage allowance included.

Wonder if Easyjet will get rid of the "transaction fee" of £9 now ?

Makes a change for a charge to be removed......mind you they are losing a lot of money at the moment (FLYBE)

My Electron card is about to be made redundant :roll:

I have always just looked at the total fare and decided on that basis. I bet this won't make fares any cheaper. Electron used to be the preferred "free" payment method for most airlines, but know I think it's just bmibaby, Jet2 and Aer Lingus that still have that option.

I doubt it will influence easyJet, whenever I've compared them on a few routes they compete on (Liverpool to the Isle of Man being once), easyJet has come about cheaper regardless of the £9.

Status
Not open for further replies.