• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Titanic on ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
This sank without trace as far as I am concerned :oops:

The exterior scenes didn't seem realistic especially at the time of sinking - no wind or people shivering.

Also this was 1912 and I didn't see one person smoking ????? - is it sponsored by ASH or something :roll:

Brandys and no Cigars what the **** is going on !!!

Very poor Mr Fellows for £11 Million !!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Minilad

Established Member
Well well Mr Butts moaning about smoking. Who would have thought it.

Oh and I thought it was pretty poor too, not the smoking couldn't give a rats about that, just the programme in general

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
I wouldn't mind watching it. Anyone know when it's repeated? I was too busy watching Oceans Thirteen!

GB

Established Member
Titanic (TV) had big foot steps to fill imo given how good Titanic (Film) was, however the TV version was really really poorly done.

Butts

Veteran Member
Well well Mr Butts moaning about smoking. Who would have thought it.

Oh and I thought it was pretty poor too, not the smoking couldn't give a rats about that, just the programme in general

Makes a change from you moaning about McCleish :lol:

Historical accuracy old boy like it or not to social historians (and nerds like me) these things are important:p

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Shhh - I've not watched it yet - don't give the ending away! :)

Errrr... I think the whole planet knows how this series ( or any other Titanic film / series / documentary / whatever ) is going to end anyway...?

Anyway.... I agree.... this is not exactly the most gripping version I have ever seen! One big glaring factual error as well... the lifeboats were marked SS Titanic; Titanic was an RMS...

steamybrian

Established Member
My interest was lost when....
About 5 minutes into tonights episode there was an a short sequence ariel view of a steam hauled train on a single line possibly in Scotland. It would appear to be formed of Mark 1 stock although I could not see the loco.
It was supposed to be the Waterloo - Southampton Docks boat train.
In 1912 the Waterloo- Southampton Docks line was double or four tracked.
Mark 1 stock was built over 40 years later.

Did anyone spot this?

GNER 373

It was awful in all honesty! Like Downton Abbey squeezed into a boat and directed like a Tarantino movie....

....and yeah I know it's made be the same people!

GNER 373

About 5 minutes into tonights episode there was an a short sequence ariel view of a steam hauled train on a single line possibly in Scotland. It would appear to be formed of Mark 1 stock although I could not see the loco.

Did anyone spot this?

Not in as much detail as you sir, but as always these people think putting a steam train in a historical film/tv show will just do instead of actually doing some research into it....although I'm sure that sometimes the rolling stock and/or Loco's may not be available!

SS4

Established Member
Makes a change from you moaning about McCleish :lol:

Historical accuracy old boy like it or not to social historians (and nerds like me) these things are important:p

If he'd have been in charge of the titanic she'd have done 3 knots and still hit the iceberg. Furthermore it would be hailed as success :lol:

Heinz57

I was a bit disapointed with it to be honest. Hard to track the story line.

I don't like this format they've got - sort of going back to the start of the voyage with each episode and telling new stories. Apparently they are all 'interwoven' at the end.

I'm assuming maybe the last episode will be some dramatic showing of the sinking. Incidentaly the last night is shown is I do beleive the 15th April. Obviously its on purpose, but I do like how they timed it that way

Speaking of the Titanic. Last Thursday Channel 5 shown a documentry focussed on the sinking. Used loads of CGI, effects and dramatic re-constructions to tell the story. It was brilliant. And to say it was only a documentry, it had a very dramatic ending to it. Much better than half the Titanic films thats been made over the years. It will be repeated tomorow (Monday 26th) at 7pm.

jon0844

Veteran Member
"Next on Titanic" at the end, as cliffhangers go...

Every time I watch yet another programme about the Titanic, I do always wonder if this time it might just steer away in time.

I suppose I have to wait until Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer make a Titanic movie.

Edit: I saw the Channel 5 'documentary' and it was very good. If it's repeated, I recommend watching it.

Last edited:

GB

Established Member

Did anyone spot this?

The majority of the target audience do not care about little details like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.