• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Titles above posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Anyone else use the titles above posts? Never used them before the new forum look came into use, but now I love to use them to add satirical, sarcastic or just funny comments, especially Frasier-style act texts (I hope someone knows what I mean).

Just wondering if anyone else really uses them at all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
I dont generally post a title, but sometimes use an icon (like I have in this post)

Jordy

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Seems I'm the only one who likes using them then. I find it just adds an extra level to the post, especially if it's a well-opinionated post.

Never mind, just wondering. Thanks for airing your views lads. And as for having too much time on my hands, I'd agree to some extent, but it only takes a couple of seconds to come up with some original bit of text to put there. If I come up with a good joke on the subject talked of in the post, it's nice to have it there, if only for my amusement.

Ben

FGWFan said:
Never mind, just wondering. Thanks for airing your views lads. And as for having too much time on my hands, I'd agree to some extent, but it only takes a couple of seconds to come up with some original bit of text to put there. If I come up with a good joke on the subject talked of in the post, it's nice to have it there, if only for my amusement.

No, I mean to Find out the Feature existed. :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I gathered that was the purpose of what you said, but what I posted was not aimed at you as a result of it, more to clear up and further explain why I like the titles, and why I asked if anyone else used them.

And if anyone's interested, the title for this particular post is a little-remembered line in Futurama, the episode in particular being 'The Why Of Fry', in season 4. It is from the scene where Fry asks the huge brain what happened to him on 31/12/1999. The brain replies 'Clarification request! Are you the Phillip J. Fry of Earth, or the Phillip J. Fry of...'.

Yes, I'm that mad about Futurama.

Status
Not open for further replies.