• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TOC Loyalty Reward Schemes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mralexn

So, I would like to basically make a thread about all of the different TOC loyalty reward schemes that are out there.

As far as I am aware the best one is the East Coast Rewards system, when you buy tickets through their own website. You can then exchange those points for free travel with East Coast, buy Wi-Fi vouchers, M&S vouchers or even cash.

So are there any other TOCS that have reward schemes similar to this?, and if not, what would you like to see a specific TOC do and what "rewards" would most appeal to you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rebmcr

Established Member
Virgin Trains get you 1 Virgin Atlantic air mile per £1 spent on Virgin Trains services through their own website.

soil

Established Member
just fwiw, 1 air mile is worth less than 1p - cashback schemes tend to be much more generous than this.

Sidious

East Coast has a loyalty scheme. The points required for a reward keep changing, but it is a very generous scheme.

DeeGee

OK, it's not TOC loyalty, but my current trick for anything that's not a FTPE flow, is to buy tickets via RSH clicking through topcashback. 1.51% cashback which can be taken with a 5% bonus as Tesco clubcard points, which can be doubled-up and spent at RSH. Plus the 1 point per £ loyalty that I get anyway. Lots of free train travel that way.

FTPE flows get 4.54% through topcashback, which I again take as clubcard points.

island

Veteran Member
just fwiw, 1 air mile is worth less than 1p - cashback schemes tend to be much more generous than this.

That depends wildly on what you spend it on.

I can easily get £1,000 value from 20,000 BA miles, i.e. 5p a mile.

soil

Established Member
That depends wildly on what you spend it on.

I can easily get £1,000 value from 20,000 BA miles, i.e. 5p a mile.

I find that doubtful.

Anyway, BA Miles (which I have, and use frequently) are much better and more flexible than the Virgin Miles (which I have, but have never managed to spend) in question here.

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
i like the east coast scheme

i buy my annual gold card on there site and it earns me 2000 points i can then use these points for train tickets for me and the other half to travel to glasgow to visit friends and family and it dont cost a penny

fantastic scheme and i think all TOC's should do the same.

even if i am travelling and it is not on a east coast service i will always book the tickets through them to get my points up

Status
Not open for further replies.