• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TOC sharing assessment centre score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompeyfan

Established Member
Recently I failed an assessment centre with one of my local TOCs, at the introduction we were told that we were only to be allowed 2 attempts at the assessment for the particular grade we applied for. However we were also told that TOCs share assessment centre results. So basically my question is this; if I failed the assessment centre twice with TOC A, would be I prohibited/have to declare this to TOC B?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
A TOC declares them to OPC where they are entered onto the OPC 'RACF' database.

Another TOC can view these results.

That said, some TOCs now are doing non-standard assessments totally outside the OPCs control.

Last edited:

pompeyfan

Established Member
Okay, thank you. Do you know if that's 2 attempts at the test or 2 attempts with each TOC?

Established Member
It's two attempts for the test, at least six months apart, then no more, for that particular job type.

However. There are a few I know, who sat it a third time, again leaving six months.... it was in 2000-2004, the days when TOCs could pretend not to notice, dependant on the candidate. May be more watertight nowadays sadly.

pompeyfan

Established Member
That cranks the pressure up slightly. I did fear that would be the case. Cheers for the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.