TOC sharing assessment centre score.

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by pompeyfan, 23 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pompeyfan

pompeyfan Established Member

Recently I failed an assessment centre with one of my local TOCs, at the introduction we were told that we were only to be allowed 2 attempts at the assessment for the particular grade we applied for. However we were also told that TOCs share assessment centre results. So basically my question is this; if I failed the assessment centre twice with TOC A, would be I prohibited/have to declare this to TOC B?

2. 185

185 Established Member

A TOC declares them to OPC where they are entered onto the OPC 'RACF' database.

Another TOC can view these results.

That said, some TOCs now are doing non-standard assessments totally outside the OPCs control.

Last edited: 23 Apr 2015
  3. pompeyfan

Okay, thank you. Do you know if that's 2 attempts at the test or 2 attempts with each TOC?

4. 185

185 Established Member

It's two attempts for the test, at least six months apart, then no more, for that particular job type.

However. There are a few I know, who sat it a third time, again leaving six months.... it was in 2000-2004, the days when TOCs could pretend not to notice, dependant on the candidate. May be more watertight nowadays sadly.

5. Sirgerbil

Sirgerbil Member

2 attempts overall.

The only exception is TOC specific tests such as the VSE as they aren't used by all.

6. pompeyfan

That cranks the pressure up slightly. I did fear that would be the case. Cheers for the answers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.