• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TOD - "any card" collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillPS

Established Member
Evening all,
Booking my tickets for the first time in ages using a The Trainline powered website, it indicates that tickets can be collected using "any valid credit/debit card" - is this true? I always thought it had to be the card used for booking?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
There are two ways to set the ToD up, "any card" or "payment card only", each website seems to have it's own preference.

talldave

Established Member
Often, even when you're told it has to be the card used for the ticket purchase, it doesn't have to be.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Try a different card and let us know!

The situation with some websites has changed recently, so it's difficult to keep track of which websites enforce same card collection and which don't.

If 'any card' collection is vital (e.g. if booking for someone else to collect) for anyone, then I would suggest following the advice in our Fares Guide.

WillPS

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. To follow up, I got my brother to collect the tickets using his Visa Debit (I had booked on my Amex). It worked - so as of last week at least, EMT online set TOD to any card.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can't it also depend on the TVM make/model as well?
That was certainly the case a few months ago. It would need to be tested on one of the Parkeon machines used by Northern Rail!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
There are two ways to set the ToD up, "any card" or "payment card only", each website seems to have it's own preference.
I was recently corresponding by email with SWT and then I was passed on to the trainline (as website operator), because the website's printable confirmation and the follow up email for the same transaction were contradictory, one said ANY card, and the other said THE card.

However it was quickly apparent that they didn't even understand the question, so eventually I gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.