• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TOD option not available for booking a London travelcard from EC

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjo

Established Member
I was booking some tickets on the EC site. The total value was just under the £22 threshold needed to receive the points so decided to add an anytime zones 1-6 London Travelcard from Potters Bar as I am in London tomorrow & saves queuing up separately for that at the station.
When I added this ticket to the basket it no longer gave me the option of TOD - the only delivery option available was Special Delivery (£5.45 extra & not much use as I will be off to the station before 7am tomorrow)!
I removed the travelcard from the basket & the TOD option came back for the other tickets. In the end I decided to add a return to London Terminals (which did still offer TOD) & will use oyster PAYG when in London as the overall cost is likely to be the same (or might actually be marginally cheaper)

It seems odd that if adding a London travelcard to the basket the TOD option is not available.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MarkyMarkD

As I've posted before, the £22 minimum does not appear to be applied. Quote from my EC Rewards statement:

OK 3 17/04/2012 Purchase of ancillaries at 1 Point per £1.00 spent
OK 12 20/03/2012 Standard Class Train Travel at 1 Point per £1.00 spent
OK 15 20/03/2012 Standard Class Train Travel at 1 Point per £1.00 spent

benk1342

OK 3 17/04/2012 Purchase of ancillaries at 1 Point per £1.00 spent
OK 12 20/03/2012 Standard Class Train Travel at 1 Point per £1.00 spent

(For context, the number in the second column (3, 12, 15, 15) is the number of points earned/pounds spent in that transaction.)

As MarkyMarkD said, this indeed illustrates that points are being awarded even for purchases of less than £22. Very interesting, as I typically purchase from EC's website for anything of £22 or more and buy anything smaller on departure at the station. Next time I make a small purchase I will try it through the website.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I'm on mobile so briefly:

1) the £22 min is I think only applied if ordering non-EC tickets.
2) we've discussed the problem with EC & Travelcards before, it's a fraud issue.

Others may be able to expand.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Yes, I've found this too... and although I too collect East Coast points...if they can't supply the tickets needed....I buy them on the FGW website, which will happily sell them TOD.

Annoying.

MarkyMarkD

I'm on mobile so briefly:

1) the £22 min is I think only applied if ordering non-EC tickets.
2) we've discussed the problem with EC & Travelcards before, it's a fraud issue.

Others may be able to expand.
Nope, it's not applicable specifically to non-EC tickets. All of the <£22 transactions on my transaction history are Southeastern journeys.

Perhaps the £22 limit applies to EC only journeys? Er ... no, because I've checked and I've got a £16 one of them on my Rewards history too.

I've never NOT got points on any EC website transaction, for any sort of purchase. Incidentally, the 3 point transaction on my history is a PlusBus ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.