• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TOD unavailable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvboy

Established Member
A friend is trying to book an LM-only Off Peak Return from Cov to London Terminals on Londonmidland.com and the only option given is Special Delivery, no option to collect Ticket on Departure. Likewise on the EMT website. I have done the same on LM and got the same problem. I have advised him to just buy it at the station, but is there a problem with TOD at the moment?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wintonian

Established Member
Have them delivered by special delivery then write a letter asking why you do not get the choice to obtain your tickets by a cheaper or free method like second class post or TOD, see if they apologise and offer to refund you the special delivery coast in rail vouchers.

After all if it is normally available and no warning has been given as to its unavailability, I would say they are not maintaining there website to a reasonable standard.

A bad analogy, but if you have an off peak ticket that is valid on trains departing before 06:30 and all the trains before 06:30 are cancelled you don't expect to have to pay the full anytime fare do you?

dvboy

Established Member
I assume the reason only SD was offered was because it was for travel on Friday. If I put today's date in it advised purchase at the station only.

Not really a problem as my friend can purchase at the station, I've told him it makes no difference to the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.