• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tommorow, New Parts of Site UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeholmes

New Franchise Starts Tomorrow

The new Greater Western franchise starts tomorrow, Saturday 1 April. From tomorrow First Great Western will operate high speed, commuter, regional and branch line services across the South and West of England, the Cotswolds and South Wales.

New website
There will be one new website covering the new franchise area, and this will be online tomorrow.

www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk will be the one website for the new First Great Western company.

The new website will have a brand new look and is easy to use, with new features to make planning your journey with us easier.

Please bookmark www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk today.
--- edited ---
The buy tickets section has changed into the new look!!

AND WOW!!

AWESOME.. looks great!!

Joe

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Is it me or do you have a fetish over FGW?
If you had met him like many of us have you'd know the answer to that question no problem! :p

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I remember his stroking of 43010 back on 04/12/05 (I think that's the loco they had on that set back towards Newport anyway), which seemed mighty, shall we say, strange? I've heard of loco loving, but not to that extremity!

joeholmes

well.... you no.... I can't hardly say I hate FGW!!

LOL
--- edited ---
Whos going to be up at 00.00 for the change over to the new site then???

Joe

richa2002

Established Member
WSXFan said:
I remember his stroking of 43010 back on 04/12/05 (I think that's the loco they had on that set back towards Newport anyway), which seemed mighty, shall we say, strange? I've heard of loco loving, but not to that extremity!
:eek: Call the men in white coats.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
*Grabs telecommunications device* Hello? Yes, you may be interested in a visit to Joe Holmes. Why? Put him by an FGW HST and you'll see...

:lol:

joeholmes

N:B

Just so EVERYONE is away, i feel it needs to be said

FGW link no longer exsists

FGW LOCAL is not going to happen

FGW EXPRESS will not happen

It is all under 1 name - FIRST GREAT WESTERN

Joe

T

Tom

It will still exist as those in our hearts. :)

I wouldn't be surprised though if it is subdivided as those for the statistical data.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It has been said it'll remain with those names internally. Why we can't have FGW and FGWL I can't understand. It would make it eternally easier to find the local all-stations shacks from the IC trams when getting train times and routes online. But maybe this is being pedantic. I guess there was similar moans when FGWL started, as in why couldn't it be FGW Thames or something and not Link. For the record, I didn't like the 'Link' suffix for a while, but it grew on me and I've grown to accept and like it.

Never mind, we'll be putting up with it no matter what we say. We've got a few years yet to get used to it.

Andrew

Just FYI, at Didcot Parkway today ex-First Great Western trains were announced and displayed "First Great Western High Speed" whilst ex-FGWL become "First Great Western". I don't know if this is going to be adopted everywhere - at Oxford services are now all announced First Great Western (and displayed as First Great Western on the platform screens) but were still FGWL on the concourse screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.