• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tommy Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Having quoted the entire post it was hard to pick up on what was meant originally. Had the part of Britain First been highlighted or the only thing shown then it would've been easier. The two million figure is based on the amount of Facebook followers, which like AlterEgo said could like be from overseas. I know a few of their followers are American, who are especially susceptible to being mislead by them. If they have limited knowledge of our legal system then it's easy for them to be lead to think Tommy Robinson was a political prisoner rather than a common criminal. You'd hardly be surprised at the ignorance some of them display. I mean for god's sake the very man this thread's about was arrested for trying to illegally get into the U.S., but then I suppose strong borders are only a bad idea if it gets in the way of an agenda.

Even so, that doesn't necessarily mean all two million are narrow-minded thick individuals, just on the basis of how large parties have diverse opinions (not all 500,000 members of the Labour Party follows Jeremy Corbyn's vision for example) and since we haven't met all of BF's members/followers. I mean I don't particularly want to meet them all really since not only do I care too little to even bother with them, but some of the followers have demonstrated that they can't even spell properly. Talk about getting immigrants to learn the language, at least they have excuses for getting words wrong occasionally. In fact I've seen a few well phrased and spelled words and sentences written by people who've had to clarify that English isn't their first language before I'd even realise it wasn't. They could very well just not say it and I'd be none the wiser about their heritage.

Apologies I haven't worked out how to quote small parts of a message yet!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dosxuk

Established Member
A lot of this is what totally P*sses people off - you concentrate on a tiny minute handful of nazi wannabes who will never gain power and have little if any influence and ignore an ideology that has two million followers in this country alone which has a track record of human rights abuses in every single country it controls. It makes me cringe to see so called anti-fascists pander to the greatest fascist organisation on the planet.

And this is why the trials of the people involved in those crimes shouldn't be disrupted by idiots wanting to improve their Facebook follower count. If SYL wanted to challenge the reporting ban of the case, there are established procedures to do so, not just set up a live video link outside the court and hoping you don't annoy the judge.

OneOffDave

Indeed.

Horrific stories like the below demonstrate the appalling abuses and disgusting cultural practices now being allowed to thrive in this country, as a direct result of a careless immigration policy and political correctness.

I look forward to the thread on here expressing as much moral outrage at the rape and sexual abuse of vulnerable adults, as Robinson has inspired for committing contempt of court.

There won’t be one, of course. The issue staring us in the face will be denied, ignored and minimised as ethnic/religious minorities can do no wrong in the eyes of many posters on here (unless they’re Jewish, of course!).

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...h-disabilities-raped-by-visa-cheats-qvckt8mr6

Where is the convicted fraudster Stephen Yaxley-Lennon when the trials of white men for years of systematic abuse are going on? He and his ilk are very conspicuous by their absence. Anyone would think they don't actually care about paedophiles unless they happen to be brown

Antman

Established Member
Where is the convicted fraudster Stephen Yaxley-Lennon when the trials of white men for years of systematic abuse are going on? He and his ilk are very conspicuous by their absence. Anyone would think they don't actually care about paedophiles unless they happen to be brown

The obvious difference is that those alleged offenders have been bought to justice.

OneOffDave

The obvious difference is that those alleged offenders have been bought to justice.

So those being tried haven't been brought to justice? The police and courts are turning a blind eye to those currently on trial? That's amazing logic

Antman

Established Member
So those being tried haven't been brought to justice? The police and courts are turning a blind eye to those currently on trial? That's amazing logic

Yes that's a fair point but I thought that the main concern of TR/YL was those who evade justice.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

And those on the trial in the cases at Leeds and Canterbury that he put in jeopardy were in the process of being brought to justice. Indeed his intervention may well have lead to them escaping justice in the worst case scenario!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yes that's a fair point but I thought that the main concern of TR/YL was those who evade justice.

In which case why was he interfering in the course of justice by placing at risk ongoing trials? If his concern was those that who might evade justice surely he should be looking elsewhere than the criminal court?

Bromley boy

Established Member

It has become clear over the past few years that there has been a severe failure on the part of the authorities to investigate/prosecute Asian grooming gangs, due to fear of being accused of racism. People might quite legitimately ask how many more of these gangs are currently operating with impunity.

That is a legitimate fear which which SYL etc. can exploit through cheap publicity stunts. It has given him and his kind a great deal of oxygen.

It is (or should be!) possible to recognise that without supporting SYL or advocating his ridiculous behaviour that (quite rightly) led to his recent convictions.

Perhaps people should remember the OP on this thread contained the question:

Why does this scumbag continue to get support?

Sadly it seems many on this thread aren’t comfortable with this question and are ignoring it (perhaps because it raises issues they would rather not confront). The posters who have attempted to answer it find themselves simply shut down/accused of sympathising with SYL themselves.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
But it has become clear over the past few years that there has been a severe failing on the part of the authorities to investigate/prosecute Asian grooming gangs, due to fear of being accused of racism. People might quite legitimately ask how many more of these gangs are currently operating with impunity.

But these people were on trial and were being prosecuted. If he wanted to raise the issue that he felt these gangs were not being prosecuted as they should be, then maybe putting at risk a series of trials where they were being prosecuted isn't the best way of doing that?

Bromley boy

Established Member
But these people were on trial and were being prosecuted. If he wanted to raise the issue that he felt these gangs were not being prosecuted as they should be, then maybe putting at risk a series of trials where they were being prosecuted isn't the best way of doing that?

I agree.

But simply condemning his actions in this case doesn’t address the real issue here, which is how the shameful failings of the authorities in these cases have allowed him (and others) to garner support.

bnm

Established Member
These vile people are being brought to justice.

There have been some failings that have delayed justice, but its patently wrong to assume these people are acting with impunity.

I think it highly unlikely we will, in decades to come, be hearing of grooming gang cases swept under the carpet and of perpetrators evading justice. Unlike the continuing drip drip of cases of sexual abuse at the hands of Christian religious figures, at the hands of celebrities, at the hands of children's home staff. Where even now, 30-40 years after the abuse was carried out we regularly hear of victims who were ignored and of perpetrators who were protected by their peers. Two generations of impunity there. In the case of grooming gangs the wheels of justice may have been slowed by some inaction, but to nowhere near the extent of previous generations.

OneOffDave

I agree.

But simply condemning his actions in this case doesn’t address the real issue here, which is how the shameful failings of the authorities in these cases have allowed him (and others) to garner support.

Yeah, because after all, it's not like white establishment figures have been able to abuse for years and get away with it

Groningen

Established Member
Who was wrong the first place? Those persons keeping a kind of brothel or Tommy Robinson? How disguisting Tommy may be; he did not commit the crime.

Groningen

Established Member
OK, but when the crime did not happen that you did not hear Tommy about it. Maybe he would have found another target then.

dosxuk

Established Member
Who was wrong the first place? Those persons keeping a kind of brothel or Tommy Robinson? How disguisting Tommy may be; he did not commit the crime.

No, he committed a different crime which could result in the other lot getting off scot free. Contempt of court and perversions of justice are rightly treated very seriously by our entire legal system, and nobody, regardless of the severity of alleged crimes should be trying to disrupt the activities of the courts, and nobody should be defending those who do.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
OK, but when the crime did not happen that you did not hear Tommy about it. Maybe he would have found another target then.

You’re making no sense.

His actions nearly prejudiced a trial of suspected paedophiles which could have meant them escaping justice.

Do not deflect from the seriousness of this.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
You’re making no sense.

His actions nearly prejudiced a trial of suspected paedophiles which could have meant them escaping justice.

Do not deflect from the seriousness of this.

Exactly, if he cares so much for justice and the victims what was he doing?

It seems it's so obvious that people can't see it.

The man is not doing this for the victims and his reasons move him into the same pot as the people in the dock.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
eh? He has a criminal record as long as your arm

At the very least:
Assaulting a police officer, being involved with football hooliganism, breaching bail conditions (relating to being barred from attending a protest), assault against another EDL member, entering the US illegally, mortgage fraud, contempt of court last year.

Now that isn't to say he doesn't deserve a fair trial, and it is 100% correct that if the court of appeal believes he didn't, then a retrial should take place.
But it should make people think twice about his actions, about what he says, about what he has said his life in prison was like etc etc. He is not a trustworthy upstanding member of society fighting against evil as some, especially in the US, would like you to believe.

Last edited:

Bromley boy

Established Member
There have been some failings that have delayed justice, but its patently wrong to assume these people are acting with impunity.

I think it highly unlikely we will, in decades to come, be hearing of grooming gang cases swept under the carpet and of perpetrators evading justice.

1500 were abused in Rotherham alone. It might be that we are looking at the tip of a very large iceberg. I must say I question your motives in minimising this issue. On what possible basis can you make the above statement?

Labour’s Sarah Champion was aware of this issue for years, Jeremy Corbyn’s response to her speaking out was to sack her and pretend the issue doesn’t exist (she has also received death threats from Islamic fundamentalists and far left agitators).

Sajid Javid has more sense, has acknowledged the issue and ordered further study.

Yeah, because after all, it's not like white establishment figures have been able to abuse for years and get away with it

That is a seperate issue that is well known. The phenomenon of Asian grooming gangs targeting girls from other races has been swept under the carpet until very recently.

This is very relevant to the Robinson case, and the OP’s question as to why he enjoys continued support. By sweeping these issues under the carpet the mainstream political establishment embolden the far right.

The most effective way to spike their guns would be to have an open and honest discussion about these issues - that would be also be more useful and illuminating than a collection of banal statements about how Robinson is a knuckle dragging thug, which is something we (hopefully) all agree on anyway.

Last edited:

fowler9

Established Member
As with anything else if the CPS don't think there is a reasonable chance of a conviction there won't be. When you say public outrage do you just mean outrage on here?

I notice there is still not a similar thread about Jeremy Corbyn and his alleged anti semetism.
Wow there. Tommy Robinson pleaded guilty to contempt of court. Jeremy Corbyn is on trial with the right wing press.

OneOffDave

That is a seperate issue that is well known. The phenomenon of Asian grooming gangs targeting girls from other races has been swept under the carpet until very recently.

This is very relevant to the Robinson case, and the OP’s question as to why he enjoys continued support. By sweeping these issues under the carpet the mainstream political establishment embolden the far right.

The most effective way to spike their guns would be to have an open and honest discussion about these issues - that would be also be more useful and illuminating than a collection of banal statements about how Robinson is a knuckle dragging thug, which is something we (hopefully!) all agree on anyway.

The issues around Cyril Smith and Rochedale are still to be fully investigated but I don't see this criminal saying anything about that at all. He claims to be all about the victims but only when the alleged perpetrators are brown. He only highlights these cases because it suits his wider agenda. He's also very quick to push the myth that he was victimised for political reasons when he entered a guilty plea himself.

fowler9

Established Member
Nice to see Tommy being tough on Asian sexual abusers. I notice he stayed quiet about certain members of the clergy that have been in the press recently. Possibly because they are white. The guy is a massive racist and anyone who thinks otherwise is childishly naive or racist.

EM2

Established Member
And Jimmy Saville wasn't 'swept under the carpet until very recently'? Or Peter Ball? Or Max Clifford? Or Chris Denning? Or Jonathan King? Or Gary Glitter? Or Stuart Hall? Or Ian Watkins?
Robinson and his ilk have been silent on all of these, as well as a senior figure from the EDL, Leigh McMillan.

Status
Not open for further replies.