• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Too hot for trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Is there a plan to upgrade the GA mainline so that these problems don't affect it? None of the other overhead electrified railways seem to be having the same problem.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
It has already started, just a few places where the old wires remain (which seems to be causing the problems and knock on speed restrictions.

Yew

Established Member
I expected this to be a thread complaining about 158 air conditioning...

EDIT: 2000th post, time for a change of pic :)

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
None of the other overhead electrified railways seem to be having the same problem.

That's basically because they already have automatic tensioning systems. The Anglia main line doesn't, and they are spending millions replacing it at the moment.

Hopefully, the problems will be in a section that isn't done yet...

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Thanks for the info 142094 and swt passenger.

And somewhere in the midst of today i have passed 3000 posts wow... :D

LE Greys

Established Member
That's basically because they already have automatic tensioning systems. The Anglia main line doesn't, and they are spending millions replacing it at the moment.

Hopefully, the problems will be in a section that isn't done yet...

That's what it sounded like, according to Look East. Trouble is, I can't remember exactly where it was. Anyway, expresses are missing out Chelmsford and Stratford and local trains are generally running slow. Hopefully, they won't miss out Stratford next week!

dk1

Veteran Member
Its nice to have the Intercity's fast from Colchester like they used to. Only problem is a small summer fete near Stratford.

6Gman

Established Member
That's what it sounded like, according to Look East. Trouble is, I can't remember exactly where it was. Anyway, expresses are missing out Chelmsford and Stratford and local trains are generally running slow. Hopefully, they won't miss out Stratford next week!

Why were they missing stops?

Status
Not open for further replies.