• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tornado 2009 visit to Kings Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
Tornado's visit to Kings Cross in March 2009 was really the only rail outing I've been on, apart from heritage railways. Did anyone else visit that day? As I recall, it got quite out of hand with enthusiasts climbing over the buffers and getting onto the track to photograph the engine. I'm sure someone apprehended by the BTP.

Wasn't a particularly brilliant visit in some ways, the platform was so packed you couldn't get any decent shots of the engine. But a day out nonetheless.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
I was there - it was heaving, but didn't see anything disorderly myself - mainly just platform staff asking folk to stay behind the yellow line etc.

I was down the opposite platform end on arrival and got a decent shot. Once it was at the buffers no chance with the crowds.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Masses of stuff on Youtube.

Freezing cold day and a very busy station. Arrival was late thanks to stupid sightseers actions , but I saw no issue on the station. Combined the day with a convivial catch up.

rogercov

Sounds like this occasion. I don't remember any trouble. My recollection is that everyone was in good spirits and well-behaved. However, I wasn't there when it arrived, as I had already watched it go through Alexandra Palace and followed it down on the next service.
Assuming that the date on my camera was set correctly, this was 7th Feb 2009 at 15:42.
DSCF1035.JPG

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
Sounds like this occasion. I don't remember any trouble. My recollection is that everyone was in good spirits and well-behaved. However, I wasn't there when it arrived, as I had already watched it go through Alexandra Palace and followed it down on the next service.
Assuming that the date on my camera was set correctly, this was 7th Feb 2009 at 15:42.
View attachment 96453

Yes I remember it would have been around that time. Unfortunately, the photos on my computer of the day have a timestamp of April 2009 or November 2004 for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.