• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tornado to visit the Wensleydale Railway at end of May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunfordBridge

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
That should be good for them. It was on the Nene Valley a couple of weeks ago. I was there on the Sunday.

Tornado tickets are now on sale for February according to the WR Facebook site

E759

Purchased a Friday 15/2/2019 ticket yesterday (16/1/2018) pm from the website for £18.50. That's rather good value I think :)

Looking forward to the event immensely as will be my first time behind the new engine. As mentioned above, great people up there.

alexl92

Established Member
Purchased a Friday 15/2/2019 ticket yesterday (16/1/2018) pm from the website for £18.50. That's rather good value I think :)

Looking forward to the event immensely as will be my first time behind the new engine. As mentioned above, great people up there.

To the best of my knowledge that’s their standard fare for a steam ride so good on them for not fleecing people! I’d go but I’m actually getting married that weekend :lol:

E759

Was a great ride today in glorious weather, blue skies and sun. A lot of people came to watch at various locations. I do hope they give a donation as the Railway have suggested. And there is a great raffle with 1st prize a footplate experience on Tornado!

DunfordBridge

Tornado has now returned to the Wensleydale Railway and will be working such events as the Wensleyale Weekend.

Attachments

• WP_20190512_17_18_03_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190512_17_18_03_Pro.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21

DunfordBridge

Plenty of time. Tornado will be there until the first week in June.

More details at https://www.wensleydalerail.com/tornado. There are even Footplate Experiences.

The LNER Peppercorn Class A1 60163 Tornado, is back with us again between May 18th and June 4th. The locomotive will operate for 12 days over this period with some special events planned, including a Beer Festival and a non-stop “express” run from Northallerton West to Redmire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.