• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tornados first Southern Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Its good to know that she will come via me before going to Kent ;). Does anyone have any updates to make on the situation on what is happen on that day?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CraigS

Established Member
Its good to know that she will come via me before going to Kent ;)

I would be very suprised if Tornado did visit Kent. Can't see it happening though.

Tornado's lunch tour route will be Staines, Newbury, Trowbridge, Swindon and Staines. Just thought I'd post that seeing as the Steam Dreams site doesn't say much about the lunch tour except that it's travelling through "scenic English countryside".

Route details (and times in the next few weeks) @ http://uksteam.info/tours/trs09.htm#feb

Established Member
Someone told me that the A1 Chairman wants to get tornado all over the UK.

James

I wouldn't argue with all over the SOUTH, but that wouldn't happen as the dead end Lines such as Windsor, Shepperton, Teddington, Epsom Downs, Bromley South and the like don't get many tours anyway.

JonG

Amongst other trips, Tornado is provisionally booked to do a leg of 'The Great Britain 2' from Bristol to Preston on Wednesday 8 April.

Established Member
Amongst other trips, Tornado is provisionally booked to do a leg of 'The Great Britain 2' from Bristol to Preston on Wednesday 8 April.

Would that be the tour that originates at Paddington, and goes South West before heading up north?

class 313

Established Member
I wouldn't argue with all over the SOUTH, but that wouldn't happen as the dead end Lines such as Windsor, Shepperton, Teddington, Epsom Downs, Bromley South and the like don't get many tours anyway.

Since when has the south been confined to those lines above? Also, since when has: Bromley South and Epsom Downs been a dead end terminus?

Saying that, most steam tours out of Victoria go via Bromley South!

Last edited:

34067James

She will be passing me in Water Orton fairly soon on a tour.

Yeah I think thats a train for those who got involed with building Tornado and put money towards it its not a pubic train or it could be the Royal train which Prince charles is ment to be driving tornado :lol: buts thats in Febuary.

, but that wouldn't happen as the dead end Lines such as Bromley South and the like don't get many tours anyway.

Thats Bromley North that has the dead end ;)

James

Established Member
Well I knew it was one of the Bromleys :lol:. But most surburban lines never see a tour nowadays, only the poxy serco!

Established Member
not for me. Train to marston green then get a bus to WTO :D

Bus veg :lol:.

@Tom - The serco is poxy becuase it runs 7 minutes before I finish school, oh I wish it was an hour late sometimes...

The_Rail_WAy

I always thought the primary aim was that Tornado would pretty much cover the whole of the country, rather than restricting her to one specific part of the country. I do know that her first heritage operation will be on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway for their Spring gala in May.

An interesting thing I note about Tornado is that she is too adorn a variety of liveries over the next ten years, these being BR blue and BR Brunswick green (pre and post 1957) as well as her current apple green livery.

Phoenix

Established Member
The Serco is not poxy its one of the best trains we get on UK rails hauled by 37's or 31's :razz:

James

Yeah but it's slightly poxy because basically you get just DRS locos down there whilst the rest of us get abit more variety.
By the way here are a few things I would like to clear up.

Test trains are great no matter what.
DRS loco's are great.
Down south is okay.

But DRS Test train shots from down south really get boring after the 100th one.

Established Member
But DRS Test train shots from down south really get boring after the 100th one.
Why just from down south?

3000hp+ for three or four coaches on non-revenue earning traffic is a bit EH anywhere, don't see what difference the location makes!

Phoenix

Established Member
Why just from down south?

3000hp+ for three or four coaches on non-revenue earning traffic is a bit EH anywhere, don't see what difference the location makes!

Honestly I just feel like out 100 Serco workings over 50 will be to the southern region. And basically because Im still abit of a novice photter I just get bored of seeing a DRS 37's at either hither Green or Kenny O although I will acknowledge the great shots.
I know they go other places but it seems every week there's one down there.

(Believe me you will never understand my strange little ways Andrewmay doesn't and I phot with him nearly all the time)

class 313

Established Member
Honestly I just feel like out 100 Serco workings over 50 will be to the southern region. And basically because Im still abit of a novice photter I just get bored of seeing a DRS 37's at either hither Green or Kenny O although I will acknowledge the great shots.
I know they go other places but it seems every week there's one down there.

(Believe me you will never understand my strange little ways Andrewmay doesn't and I phot with him nearly all the time)

That's because the South has a lot of lines!

Status
Not open for further replies.