• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Toton Depot for photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Hi folks,

A couple of quick questions. I was thinking of going on a photography run down to Toton in mid-March (going to the British Touring Car media day in the afternoon at Donington Park and Toton is conveniently on the way). I have found some good descriptions of the location on Trainspots, but it is a couple of years old. Just wondering how much active traffic there is there and how visible the lines of stored locomotives are from the bank (I do plan to take a 300mm lens with me).

Is it worth spending the morning there or just half an hour to photograph the static locos and are there any other locations nearby with better freight traffic passing through?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bevan Price

Established Member
Some September 2012 photos from the bank are on my website.

http://www.bevanprice.me.uk/Toton_loco graveyard.html

As you can see, some of the stored locos are partly obscured by stored wagons, vegetation, etc.

For passing freight, you might get better views from the overbridge at Long Eaton Town centre, or from the overbridge near the site of the former Stapleford & Sandiacre station (beyond the north end of the yard).

Status
Not open for further replies.