• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tour de Yorkshire, Friday 1st May

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike57

Established Member
I plan on using the train to travel to the finish in Scarborough, thing is I plan on joining the train at Bempton (stop after Bridlington, also on TdY route). I have looked at the Northern Rail website, and there is an extra train north from Bridlington after lunch, and the website promises extra carriages.

Question is will it so rammed that I wont be able to get on at Bempton? OK so it will depend on how many people are travelling, there is a lot of interest in Bridlington, and watching start in Bridlington and finish in Scarborough of day 1 works well using the train, so any one any idea on how many 'extra carriages' we are going to get. Any rumours/info gratefully received.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexl92

Established Member
I plan on using the train to travel to the finish in Scarborough, thing is I plan on joining the train at Bempton (stop after Bridlington, also on TdY route). I have looked at the Northern Rail website, and there is an extra train north from Bridlington after lunch, and the website promises extra carriages.

Question is will it so rammed that I wont be able to get on at Bempton? OK so it will depend on how many people are travelling, there is a lot of interest in Bridlington, and watching start in Bridlington and finish in Scarborough of day 1 works well using the train, so any one any idea on how many 'extra carriages' we are going to get. Any rumours/info gratefully received.

I guess the answer is that nobody knows but if its the finish I imagine there will be a LOT of people around - I'd get an earlier train if you possibly can.

I really can't imagine that all that many people will turn out to be honest. Especially compared to the real thing last year.

EDIT: I just realised I contradicted myself there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.