• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Class 397 ('Nova 2') construction and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Train

Established Member
This appears to have been cancelled today. Locos and barriers have gone south so should run tomorrow.

HTH

Mark

Not showing as cancelled yet but there has been no reports on RTT so assume it will change to cancelled at some point.

At least I know what this working is now although I won't be able to get out and see it tomorrow or Thursday so it's bound to run on one of those days

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikemcniven

Not showing as cancelled yet but there has been no reports on RTT so assume it will change to cancelled at some point.

At least I know what this working is now although I won't be able to get out and see it tomorrow or Thursday so it's bound to run on one of those days

It's on it's way running extremely late now.

The_Train

Established Member
left about 180 late

Thanks James. Managed to track it to Ashchurch for Tewkesbury on Charl Woodhouse but then it's gone off radar again. It had around 90 minutes of pauses on its original path but I assume these are likely to have been discounted considering the late running so is probably not far away from me now.

Not like there is any rush to get out to see these things anyway

Fez14

No, not at all, they are much harder and have a supporting bar in a really uncomfortable place. Nasty things.
if similar to the ones on class 700 Thameslink the supporting bar was taking all the weight through my pelvic bone, very uncomfortable indeed

Spirit555

Thanks James. Managed to track it to Ashchurch for Tewkesbury on Charl Woodhouse but then it's gone off radar again. It had around 90 minutes of pauses on its original path but I assume these are likely to have been discounted considering the late running so is probably not far away from me now.

Not like there is any rush to get out to see these things anyway

Problems with 47813 en route was reason for massive delays. The 37, 37611 had to push the train from Eckington Loop and over the Lickey. I saw it at Longbridge approx. 1635 and the leading loco 47815 wasn't too healthy either and the 37 was working at the back, although not sure if powering. It was tracking on Traksy, Trackit and freighlocate, but not a thing on RTT

HTH

Mark

DanielTheEMid

Well they are Sofia seats used on the Hitachi IET Trains, Scotrail class 385 First class, Thameslink 700 first class and now TPE's rolling stocks.

On Moderation
Well they are Sofia seats used on the Hitachi IET Trains, Scotrail class 385 First class, Thameslink 700 first class and now TPE's rolling stocks.
So are utter rubbish in comparison to the 185s and 350s. The race to the bottom continues.

samuelmorris

Established Member
Surely it can’t be possible
You wouldn't think so until you try them! To be fair, with the 'correct' covers I don't think they're as bad as the 700 seats because they are actually wide enough to fit you, but the seat base itself is definitely still worse than that used on 700s, 387s etc.

transmanche

Established Member
I read the lyrics and "listened" to the track for the first time in about 20 years and I don't get it, sorry!
I believe that the running joke is that much of what Alanis Morissette discusses in that song isn't actually ironic.

Comedian Ed Byrne said, "The only ironic thing about that song is it's called 'Ironic' and it's written by a woman who doesn't know what irony is. That's quite ironic."

anamyd

On Moderation
I believe that the running joke is that much of what Alanis Morissette discusses in that song isn't actually ironic.

Comedian Ed Byrne said, "The only ironic thing about that song is it's called 'Ironic' and it's written by a woman who doesn't know what irony is. That's quite ironic."
oh :p:p:p

driver_m

Established Member
"it's like 10,000 sprinters, when all you need is a CAF"

I detest that song. It's Murphy's Law, but that's not as catchy.

Anyway, was talking to Northern and TPE Drivers, they seem to be no wiser with what's going on, only what has already been said on here .

TBSchenker

Where on earth are all these trains being stored in Longsight?! Of the 9 Mark 5 sets, are all 9 of them on Longsight (main depot and MID?) Plus at least 4 397s after this week's planned moves.

driver9000

Established Member
Where on earth are all these trains being stored in Longsight?! Of the 9 Mark 5 sets, are all 9 of them on Longsight (main depot and MID?) Plus at least 4 397s after this week's planned moves.

4 of mk5A sets are at Crewe alongside the stored 365s.

BeHereNow

A TransPennine driver just told me all the Nova 2s will be in service in 2019, along with all the Nova 3s and Nova 1s.

If anyone can do it, TransPennine Express can.

Status
Not open for further replies.