• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Class 397 ('Nova 2') construction and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikemcniven

Last edited:

TBSchenker

Nice photo!

Did this mean the temporary halt on CAF Civity running is over or are they having dispensation to move them?

Robert Mann

Does anyone know if any 397s will be out tomorrow? I'm hoping to get out for some train photography and I'm yet to catch to any of TPE's new trains on runs

Erniescooper

Does anyone know if any 397s will be out tomorrow? I'm hoping to get out for some train photography and I'm yet to catch to any of TPE's new trains on runs
Sorry nothing 397 tomorrow but Mk5a Set 9 should be working Manchester-Carlisle-Crewe-Manchester.

Robert Mann

Sorry nothing 397 tomorrow but Mk5a Set 9 should be working Manchester-Carlisle-Crewe-Manchester.

Thanks :) I managed to catch that one both coming into Crewe then heading back out again.

Any idea when the other Class 397 at Crewe will be moved to Manchester?

Erniescooper

Thanks :) I managed to catch that one both coming into Crewe then heading back out again.

Any idea when the other Class 397 at Crewe will be moved to Manchester?
397004 is staying at Crewe now for TPE to use for Ops training. 397003 should be out next week on We’d, Thur and Fri on a MID-Crewe-Carlisle-Crewe-MID run

EE Andy b1

Established Member
There was a Class 397 half out of the MID shed at 1225 today.

There was also a DRS Class 37 and and a Northern Belle liveried Class 57, ROG (Rail Operations Group) operated i presume, on different roads outside the front of the shed.
Any ideas what's happening? Maybe a stock move back to Crewe or something else!

mikemcniven

There was a Class 397 half out of the MID shed at 1225 today.

There was also a DRS Class 37 and and a Northern Belle liveried Class 57, ROG (Rail Operations Group) operated i presume, on different roads outside the front of the shed.
Any ideas what's happening? Maybe a stock move back to Crewe or something else!

The 37 isn't connected to anything with the stock, thats using the lathe at Longsight.

Seems the 57 maybe connected to the 397's, as again the paths for the 397 testing are showing up as been operated by Rail Operations Group, so I suspect maybe the thunderbird for the 397 testing, happy to be proven wrong however.

EE Andy b1

Established Member
The 37 isn't connected to anything with the stock, thats using the lathe at Longsight.

Seems the 57 maybe connected to the 397's, as again the paths for the 397 testing are showing up as been operated by Rail Operations Group, so I suspect maybe the thunderbird for the 397 testing, happy to be proven wrong however.

Sounds very plausible to me, thanks, andy

Erniescooper

The overhead wiring in the shed was permanently isolated a number of years ago when it lay empty and it is taking a while to be reinstated so the 397 has to dragged to the live wiring to go out on test runs or do any pan up testing.

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Ahhh, didn't realise that the overhead was isolated as we used to take the Class 390s into MID for mods and such like, but that was a while back now and before Alstom took over all shunt moves at Longsight.

EE Andy b1

Established Member
All quiet on the Class 397 front.

Is testing ongoing or are have these been put on the back burner for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.