• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Class 397 ('Nova 2') construction and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mathew S

Established Member
I think that would spoil the livery and aesthetics tbh
Agreed. The one with the replacement grey nose looks a bit weird, but other than that I think they're stunning.
Now that the rules have changed and yellow ends aren't required, I'm glad there's a chance to be a bit more creative with the look and livery of trains. Nice breath of fresh air.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Agreed. The one with the replacement grey nose looks a bit weird, but other than that I think they're stunning.
Now that the rules have changed and yellow ends aren't required, I'm glad there's a chance to be a bit more creative with the look and livery of trains. Nice breath of fresh air.

Yes, there are a lot of trains where I feel the yellow does nothing for the appearance; indeed it more often ruins it.

samuelmorris

Established Member
I feel the TPE livery really works best without yellow. Some liveries are the opposite.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
397004 move from Crewe C.S. to Manchester International Depot under a Rail Operations Group (ROG) move on 5Q43

TransPennine Express 397004
by Mike McNiven, on Flickr

Great photos as usual! Is that at Levenshulme? I was on midday to one lunch today - had I been on one to two lunch I'd have gone down to Heaton Chapel and watched it pass!

_toommm_

Established Member
There's either a Class 397 or a MK5a set at the Longsight Wheel Lathe today. Does anyone know what caused it to be there?

mikemcniven

There's either a Class 397 or a MK5a set at the Longsight Wheel Lathe today. Does anyone know what caused it to be there?

It's 397004 that I captured yesterday, not sure why it's there but it has seen use lately along with 397003 so must have had issues on Tuesday on it's trip to Glasgow Central

Erniescooper

It's 397004 that I captured yesterday, not sure why it's there but it has seen use lately along with 397003 so must have had issues on Tuesday on it's trip to Glasgow Central
The runs went OK but they picked up what sounded like small flats so they took the opportunity to test the interface with the lathe at Longsight and turned out what looked a lot like some small track damage.
005 is supposed to be here at the end of next week with its fault free running completed in Spain.

mjn

It's not moved for ages now seems to be stopped near Bushbury Junction. Was wanting it to be a little late so could see it on the way home but now it's too late ha.

LeylandLen

397006 should be making its way to MID on Friday
Where is MID ??? Please be more specific when using destinations !!!

It looks as though more training/ testing has been done today ; several were cancelled yesterday ..
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea...7/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=TP

I think this was a move of a new 397 ; https://railcam.uk/rcdata/RCData2_detail.php?r=S&tid=42570P2R17 or on RTT
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O22560/2019/07/17/advanced

only saw the back of the consist but timings imply it was a 37 hauling a new set, can someone please confirm ? Thanks

Could this be a move tomorrow 18th to collect a new 397 ..??
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K02445/2019/07/18/advanced

Last edited:

MDB1images

I think it is Manchester International Depot, but I have never seen this code used on real time trains.

MID is Manchester International Depot.
It's used by just about everyone involved in the new trains and is the code used for the depot.
Whether it's formal or not who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.