• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Doubling Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
On watching the York railcam, 1P22 has just passed heading to Middlesbrough but it was 2x Class 185 sets.

I know they are known to double up further south, but i've never seen it up here, certainly not on a Middlesbrough run. Anyone know why?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
On watching the York railcam, 1P22 has just passed heading to Middlesbrough but it was 2x Class 185 sets.

I know they are known to double up further south, but i've never seen it up here, certainly not on a Middlesbrough run. Anyone know why?

where is the York railcam situated?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Must be rare. It doesn't even happen on the incredibly busy evening trains, when the patronage would warrant it. You could even have a unit for "normal" passengers and a unit for the drunks ;)

What happens at Yarm - Selective Door Opening (SDO)?

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member

TPE disrupted because of problems at Wortley Jn west of Leeds. Might last a few days.
They appear to be combining some services to save paths through Leeds.
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114517
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.aspx

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
What happens at Yarm - Selective Door Opening (SDO)?

It'll be Unit Deselect as the 185s can't do SDO. So the front unit will open and the rear unit will stay locked. I would, assuming both units are in passenger service, guess that the guard will be making a large number of announcements telling people for Yarm to charge to the front unit.

Paul Duck

1P22 just past ourselves at Eaglescliffe and is 2 class 185's. Rear unit locked out of use. The next service to Middlesbrough (1P26) also appears to be 2 class 185's

Darandio

Established Member
1P22 just past ourselves at Eaglescliffe and is 2 class 185's. Rear unit locked out of use. The next service to Middlesbrough (1P26) also appears to be 2 class 185's

Thanks for the confirmation Paul.

Can also confirm 1P26 just passed the railcam and is indeed a further double set.

darloscott

I guess they thought it was easier than dumping a 185 at York and picking it back up on the way back, first time a 6 car has made it to Middlesbrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.