• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Emergency timetable from Monday 23/3/2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor1967

Hi all,

I as booked on the 07.50 York to Manchester service on Tuesday 24/3/2020 on an Advance single. (the return train is still running).

This train has now been cancelled and according to the website I can rebook my ticket with no admin fee if I pay the extra. This is a bit harsh because the rebooked train will cost be another £12.

I rang the Helpline to ask if I could get on the 07.28 departure instead as the next train I could get from York is at 08.28 (which gets me into Manchester too late).

He said you could get on the 07.24 instead as Advance restrictions are been relaxed. However as I have got nothing in writing I didn't just want to get on the train and then end up getting a penalty fare.

I understand why the reduced service is in place but is anyone aware if I can just get on the earlier train and explain I rang the Helpline who advised it me was OK.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Hi all,

I as booked on the 07.50 York to Manchester service on Tuesday 24/3/2020 on an Advance single. (the return train is still running).

This train has now been cancelled and according to the website I can rebook my ticket with no admin fee if I pay the extra. This is a bit harsh because the rebooked train will cost be another £12.

I rang the Helpline to ask if I could get on the 07.28 departure instead as the next train I could get from York is at 08.28 (which gets me into Manchester too late).

He said you could get on the 07.24 instead as Advance restrictions are been relaxed. However as I have got nothing in writing I didn't just want to get on the train and then end up getting a penalty fare.

I understand why the reduced service is in place but is anyone aware if I can just get on the earlier train and explain I rang the Helpline who advised it me was OK.
Ring back and ask to have it sent in writing via email.

_toommm_

Established Member
If the service you intended to take has been cancelled/completely removed from the timetable, you are allowed to take one service before or after the cancellation.

This right is afforded to you by the NRCoT, and 99.9% of guards know this. Don't worry honestly. Catch a train either side of the original departure time, sit back and relax. Ticket checks aren't taking place on most TOCs anyway.

Razor1967

Thanks for the replies, I sent a tweet to TPE who confirmed that ticket restrictions had been relaxed. Looks like I am on the 07.28, I will have lost my reservation, but I think in these unusual times I should be able to get a seat !!:lol:

Haywain

Veteran Member
If the service you intended to take has been cancelled/completely removed from the timetable, you are allowed to take one service before or after the cancellation.

This right is afforded to you by the NRCoT, and 99.9% of guards know this. Don't worry honestly. Catch a train either side of the original departure time, sit back and relax. Ticket checks aren't taking place on most TOCs anyway.
Exactly where in NRCoT is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.