• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE incident controller GPR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover77

Hi. I applied for the above post last week. I recieved the standard confirmation of receipt email the next day. Then a few days after that I recieved an email saying my application was under consideration by a manager. Today I was emailed that I was invited to the next phase which was 2 online tests. They were not timed but apparently get harder as you go along. The maths test went on for ages and I therefore think I did ok . The verbal reasoning one seemed to be very few questions. I fear this may be as it was cut short due to incorrect answers.
Just wondering if anyone has experience of these tests and can shed ant light on it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CertaCito

Hi. I applied for the above post last week. I recieved the standard confirmation of receipt email the next day. Then a few days after that I recieved an email saying my application was under consideration by a manager. Today I was emailed that I was invited to the next phase which was 2 online tests. They were not timed but apparently get harder as you go along. The maths test went on for ages and I therefore think I did ok . The verbal reasoning one seemed to be very few questions. I fear this may be as it was cut short due to incorrect answers.
Just wondering if anyone has experience of these tests and can shed ant light on it?

I had the same experience, so we're either sharing a brain, or it was normal? ☺️ Also - found them harder than the NR Signaller's tests (which are timed)

Rover77

I had the same experience, so we're either sharing a brain, or it was normal? ☺️ Also - found them harder than the NR Signaller's tests (which are timed)
Thanks. I feel better now. I agree seemed much harder than the signaller test.

Out of interest do you know how much the wage is?

CertaCito

Thanks. I feel better now. I agree seemed much harder than the signaller test.

Out of interest do you know how much the wage is?
No - sorry - but assuming that the job is more likely to go to someone with signalling experience, I'd expect it to be mid grade so £33+ although I have seen some references to £45

Last edited:

Stigy

Established Member
No - sorry - but assuming that the job is more likely to go to someone with signalling experience, I'd expect it to be mid grade so £33+ although I have seen some references to £45
I vaguely recall this from another thread regarding this job title? Admittedly, NWR incident controllers tend to attract better salaries than TOC ones. Or that’s is how it would appear when you take in to account that a NWR incident officer gets at least £50k I believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.