• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE: Manchester Victoria without a ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHESHIRECAT

Not looking for sympathy but just thoughts
A revenue inspector issued me with a letter having blighted at MANCHESTER Victoria without ticket other day through the M.E.N. side door exit

Gave all details and went on my way..very pleasant inspector no altercation

I emailed TPE revenue protection and apologised and they emailed back quickly and said I would receive an "out of court settlement letter" in relation to the matter

Have now received the standard confirm your details with your version of events letter to send back..is this merely part of process ?

Also I pointed out my first name was incorrectly spelt ..still not corrected on letter TIA all

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Normal procedure.
They are not obliged to settle out of court, so the way you answer matters.
Misspelling your name is not material, though I would remind them to correct it.

CHESHIRECAT

Ok thanks
Was surprised to recieve a response tbh....I will reply to the letter with contrition naturally as I know I was in wrong...quite surprised to see TPE revenue at Victoria... what are TPE like for settling with a penalty.. TIA

Haywain

Veteran Member
Ok thanks
Was surprised to recieve a response tbh....I will reply to the letter with contrition naturally as I know I was in wrong...quite surprised to see TPE revenue at Victoria... what are TPE like for settling with a penalty.. TIA
I don't recall seeing a case involving TPE before, so it's difficult to know what they are like for settling. They were probably at Manchester Victoria as part of a joint revenue operation with Northern.

mikeg

Established Member
If its anything like the old franchise I believe GWR process prosecutions on their behalf? If so that's good news as they view prosecution as a last resort and usually offer to settle for first time offenders. Have to admit I'm surprised to see someone who's been on the forum so long get into this sort of trouble.

scrapy

Established Member
Yes under old franchise was revenue protection administered by GWR but now done from Hull. There was a brief period inbetween and then when penalty fares first introduced (for penalty fares only) where they were administered by Northern in Bradford and there is still the facility for some cases to be dealt with by Northern on an ad hoc basis.

CHESHIRECAT

Well I have to say TPE have been very professional and responsive to what is obviously my "misdemeanor '
I will have to accept the outcome naturally

mikeg

Established Member
Glad you got it sorted. How much was the settlement and what were the terms? You don't have to say and understand if you don't want to but may help those in a similar situation and satisfy my nosiness at the same time!

Fokx

Out of curiosity, where exactly do you mean by the side door exit to the M.E.N? Is there another active entrance/exit to Victoria Station that isn’t through the main ticket gates near Starbucks?

The only other way I was aware of was through the MEN arena when access wasn’t restricted to the public

CHESHIRECAT

As you go up stairs it's to the left It's supposedly for emergency exit but it's been open for some months now..not hidden or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.