• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Mark 5A coaching stock progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben Bow

68022 leading 68031 ("Felix") are heading to Scarborough on 0P68. 68020 should also be running to Scarborough from York with a driver training trip.

Fez14

According to real-time trains light locos from Longsight soon to arrive in Scarborough, with a return trip later today

sjpowermac

Established Member
According to real-time trains light locos from Longsight soon to arrive in Scarborough, with a return trip later today
68022 ‘Resolution’ leads 68031 ‘Felix’. Pic at York below. Apologies for the late post, I got the pic then had to run for work;)
B9A03A61-EBFF-442A-B140-60B9AB6EB1D4.jpeg

sjpowermac

Established Member
0M68 10:10 Scarborough to Longsight was 68022 ‘Resolution’ returning graffitied 68023 ‘Achilles’.

So, 68020 ‘Reliance’ is at the York and 68031 ‘Felix’ is at Scarborough, both for driver training/refresher trips.

Ben Bow

0M68 10:10 Scarborough to Longsight was 68022 ‘Resolution’ returning graffitied 68023 ‘Achilles’.

So, 68020 ‘Reliance’ is at the York and 68031 ‘Felix’ is at Scarborough, both for driver training/refresher trips.

Thank you for the updated "sit-rep".

I went for the panoramic shot including 68020, which was person free :)

SP Man

I see for (at least) the last two weeks there has been a move with mk.5a coaches from Longsight to Crewe South Yard on a Monday, with a return move later in the week. It seems as though this week's return move is taking place tomorrow (see link below). Can anybody state what the purpose of these moves is please?

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K97557/2019/03/14/advanced
Air con testing, safes the MID being filled with fumes and dragging it in to the air con unit.

angryskipfan

NIR3551 raised during testing on wed night related to ASDO operation on stock. Possibly reason testing on mk5 has been quiet of late. Affects other uk CAF projects as well. Mitigation in place and CAF working on long term fix.

Mathew S

Established Member
NIR3551 raised during testing on wed night related to ASDO operation on stock. Possibly reason testing on mk5 has been quiet of late. Affects other uk CAF projects as well. Mitigation in place and CAF working on long term fix.
What's NIR3551? And, what's ASDO?

D6700

Automatic Selective Door Operation/Opening

Since these aren't passenger trains, unless doors were opening whilst on the move, which could make the trains go out of gauge and also represent a safety risk to any staff working on board, I wouldn't have thought such an issue should prevent testing. But this is the UK... ;)

Erniescooper

NIR is National Incident Report and is a system that allows the engineering departments of TOCs to report safety issues that might be applicable to trains operated by other TOCs

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

Since these aren't passenger trains, unless doors were opening whilst on the move, which could make the trains go out of gauge and also represent a safety risk to any staff working on board, I wouldn't have thought such an issue should prevent testing. But this is the UK... ;)

If the current testing is for a period of fault-free running, clearly it resets that particular clock.

Mathew S

Established Member
NIR is National Incident Report and is a system that allows the engineering departments of TOCs to report safety issues that might be applicable to trains operated by other TOCs
Is it operated by the RSSB*, or the train operating companies?

* Rail Safety & Standards Board

Ben Bow

Was the actual incident which NIR3551 relates to on Wednesday night, or previously?

sjpowermac

Established Member

It could be that all other testing is now complete and it’s just ASDO that needs signing off;)

sjpowermac

Established Member
Was the actual incident which NIR3551 relates to on Wednesday night, or previously?
Good point. I might be looking in the wrong place but I didn’t notice any test trains running this week. Can ASDO be tested whilst a train is static?

I assume ASDO has been tested on the Leeds/Scarborough trips and those have shown some problems.

Ben Bow

Good point. I might be looking in the wrong place but I didn’t notice any test trains running this week. Can ASDO be tested whilst a train is static?

I assume ASDO has been tested on the Leeds/Scarborough trips and those have shown some problems.

There was an incident with doors at Greenfield during a test run and that was a Wednesday, but 4 weeks ago, which is why I sought clarification.

sjpowermac

Established Member
There was an incident with doors at Greenfield during a test run and that was a Wednesday, but 4 weeks ago, which is why I sought clarification.
Many thanks for that, I hadn’t realised the Greenfield incident was down to doors. That’s certainly a bit of a show stopper until they get that one sortedo_O

dilbertphil

From the rumours circulating my depot it appears they just cant get these first couple of sets through fault free mileage. Training has been put off on Mk5's and we dont know when it will start again. I don't think we will see these trains in service anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.