• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Mark 5A coaching stock progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
I will be at Huddersfield at 11:24 Friday week - 16th August - changing from the Hull to the Newcastle services. During my short layover in HUD, the 09:41 Scarbados to Liverpool should arrive and depart. Maybe, just maybe...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Camden

Established Member
Brand new trains have been brought into service quicker. The new 5 carriage trains are going to be only light and temporary relief for the route, being probably not 100% sufficient to meet capacity from day one as it is. If the company is expecting delighted passengers, I suspect the grumpy "big-deal!" that may greet these may disappoint.

Erniescooper

Thank you! Much appreciated! Saves me the early start... Been invited to travel on the Press Train tho when that happens so that's gonna be fun :)
There should be some Mk5 moves off Longsight tomorrow, Saturday and Tuesday but nothing with passengers yet

Been sent this picture of some branded MUGS to celelbrate the new trains... TPE are really going for it about the new trains! :)
67685258_2100353506932741_2648149029371772928_n.jpg

sjpowermac

Established Member
TPE fun for Yorkshire on Saturday 10.08.2019
5F68 03:45 Longsight-Liverpool Lime Street
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O29995/2019/08/10/advanced

5E68 05:06 Liverpool Lime Street-Scarborough (09:06) via Wakefield Kirkgate.
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O30009/2019/08/10/advanced

This fits the pattern of previous weeks with a ‘pass out’ turn for staff who have been on the Crewe-Wavertree turns earlier in the week.

There doesn’t seem to be a 5M68 back, as yet, so I wonder if the set will be working the moves between York and Scarborough that are planned for Sunday:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea.../11/0000-2359?stp=S&show=all&order=wtt&toc=TP
(Though equally they might be for the 802 unit that’s at York Siemens?)

Is there anything stopping the set working back from Scarborough on a passenger working? I know it’s unlikely until after a press launch.

Something that seems a little odd is that guard instructors don’t work a ‘live’ train with passengers prior to having to train colleagues. I’ve no railway experience, but I’d guess working a train with passengers is quite different from doing an ecs move.

Last edited:

Goldie

TPE fun for Yorkshire on Saturday 10.08.2019
5F68 03:45 Longsight-Liverpool Lime Street
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O29995/2019/08/10/advanced

5E68 05:06 Liverpool Lime Street-Scarborough (09:06) via Wakefield Kirkgate.
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O30009/2019/08/10/advanced

This fits the pattern of previous weeks with a ‘pass out’ turn for staff who have been on the Crewe-Wavertree turns earlier in the week.

There doesn’t seem to be a 5M68 back, as yet, so I wonder if the set will be working the moves between York and Scarborough that are planned for Sunday:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea.../11/0000-2359?stp=S&show=all&order=wtt&toc=TP
(Though equally they might be for the 802 unit that’s at York Siemens?)

Is there anything stopping the set working back from Scarborough on a passenger working? I know it’s unlikely until after a press launch.

Something that seems a little odd is that guard instructors don’t work a ‘live’ train with passengers prior to having to train colleagues. I’ve no railway experience, but I’d guess working a train with passengers is quite different from doing an ecs move.

The depot's about done at Scarbs. Any TPE insiders know whether they might be keeping that set at the seaside to make sure that it fits, or whavever it is that you do to make sure the depot can be used?

sjpowermac

Established Member
The depot's about done at Scarbs. Any TPE insiders know whether they might be keeping that set at the seaside to make sure that it fits, or whavever it is that you do to make sure the depot can be used?
5E68 no longer showing up on Real Time Trains, so I assume it’s cancelled. Most curious!

tpjm

I know there was a plan to get a a unit up there for depot related verification very soon. I'm highly skeptical that it will be as part of the aforementioned run. Interesting that RTT is not showing the services linked above which makes me think it might be being VSTP tomorrow.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Brand new trains have been brought into service quicker. The new 5 carriage trains are going to be only light and temporary relief for the route, being probably not 100% sufficient to meet capacity from day one as it is.

It's certainly my view that there will be a "sparks effect" and significant suppressed demand due to the outrageous levels of overcrowding on the 185s, and that these sets will indeed be full very quickly. I reckon they will need to be extended to 7 or possibly even 8 coaches in pretty short order, that or put them on the Liverpool-Nottingham where they will be about right for demand and order more 80x.

Spartacus

Established Member
It's certainly my view that there will be a "sparks effect" and significant suppressed demand due to the outrageous levels of overcrowding on the 185s, and that these sets will indeed be full very quickly. I reckon they will need to be extended to 7 or possibly even 8 coaches in pretty short order, that or put them on the Liverpool-Nottingham where they will be about right for demand and order more 80x.

Longer trains would need longer platforms and even trackwork alterations in some places.

Status
Not open for further replies.