• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Mark 5A coaching stock progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sjpowermac

Established Member
Begs the question - how easy is it to get at Walton Old Junction ?.
Peter, from what friends have said I believe you can see the sets from passing trains, but on foot there are no vantage points.

As of today, I think it’s just 68028 there. Sets moving to/from Walton tend to be on a Friday in the following paths:

1156 Walton Old Jn Sidings to Longsight
1502 Longsight to Walton Old Jn Sidings

Hope that helps:)

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Peter, from what friends have said I believe you can see the sets from passing trains, but on foot there are no vantage points.

As of today, I think it’s just 68028 there. Sets moving to/from Walton tend to be on a Friday in the following paths:

1156 Walton Old Jn Sidings to Longsight
1502 Longsight to Walton Old Jn Sidings

Hope that helps:)
Thankyou. Might need to go there.

Established Member
Yes they are visible from the TfW Manchester Airport - Chester (or beyond) service using the slow/Helsby lines, but not from the Northern Chester - Leeds service or other trains on the WCML.

sjpowermac

Established Member
Yes they are visible from the TfW Manchester Airport - Chester (or beyond) service using the slow/Helsby lines, but not from the Northern Chester - Leeds service or other trains on the WCML.
Thanks for that, appreciated:)

Established Member
Thanks. I must remember that.
I have just passed on the WCML Down Fast line and a lone 68 is there. 3 full Nova 3 sets were visible at Longsight and many 777s at Crewe.

Attachments

• 3614EC87-FC53-4164-A99A-114FB359C26A.jpeg
    3614EC87-FC53-4164-A99A-114FB359C26A.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 102
Apologies if this might have been mentioned up thread.
Understand Mk5's are visiting Wolverton for coupling mods.
Anyone know exactly what these mods entail and if they will affect the Driving trailers, please?
Might 12802, currently rusting away at CAF Newport, have to visit Wolverton please?
MTIA

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Apologies if this might have been mentioned up thread.
Understand Mk5's are visiting Wolverton for coupling mods.
Anyone know exactly what these mods entail and if they will affect the Driving trailers, please?
Might 12802, currently rusting away at CAF Newport, have to visit Wolverton please?
MTIA
Mods to the loco to Mk5A set push-pull working cable connector sockets on the coaches to improve reliability. Not physical couplings.

Mods to the loco to Mk5A set push-pull working cable connector sockets on the coaches to improve reliability. Not physical couplings.
Would I be correct therefore in presuming that 12802 would need modification, please?
If yes where might it be done CAF Newport or Wolverton?

Status
Not open for further replies.