• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Mark 5A coaching stock progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich-leeds

Word is that the first set gets officially handed over to TPE next week (Friday 12th is the rumoured date), with the second set not long after.

Training for Drivers and Guards can then commence.

Seems the plan is to enter passenger service in July, once sufficient crews are trained.

Today could be the special day! Any news on this front?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sjpowermac

Established Member
Nice photo! That goose is giving you a lot of side eye, hope it didn't cause you any trouble... o_O
Haha! Thanks, I’m pleased that you like the picture. The goose appeared at the last minute, I think it was looking to see if I had any food for it! Always best to keep an eye on them though;)

sjpowermac

Established Member
Yes, that was 68022.

68032 'Destroyer' is the driver trainer stabled at Scarborough in platform 1.
Many thanks for that. Just updated my earlier post for accuracy, my eyes are not what they once were;)

supervc-10

That's awesome news! Roll on the introduction of passenger service! Roughly how long will it take for the first sets to enter service? I'm presuming it'll be a little while for enough train crews to be trained up on them?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
That's awesome news! Roll on the introduction of passenger service! Roughly how long will it take for the first sets to enter service? I'm presuming it'll be a little while for enough train crews to be trained up on them?
I'd be surprised if it happens before the timetable change.

BMIFlyer

Potentially we can have one set in service at the end of June, but it depends on training.

Plan 124873 is: End of July we will have 2 sets on the Liverpool to Scarborough route. Then 7 sets (all services on that route) by Halloween.

Plans can change however!

supervc-10

Is that a box of keys they're holding in that photo? :lol:

And yes, @61653 HTAFC , I was thinking the May timetable change would be a good opportunity. Can that be done given that May is only a few weeks away?

sjpowermac

Established Member
Hopefully the light engine York to Scarborough runs will soon turn into full Nova 3s, but in the meantime here’s 68024 ‘Centaur’ approaching York on 0B65 13:00 Scarborough to York.

https://flic.kr/p/Tnoei3

and going back out again on 0B66 14:00 York to Scarborough.

Congratulations to all involved with the Fault Free Running and commissioning of the Nova 3 trains:)
A9712A47-057F-4FC2-950D-B9CA97888FE7.jpeg

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Potentially we can have one set in service at the end of June, but it depends on training.

Plan 124873 is: End of July we will have 2 sets on the Liverpool to Scarborough route. Then 7 sets (all services on that route) by Halloween.

Plans can change however!

Whatever with training, please don't do a Scotrail and have some trained and some not and then terminating or cancelling services because not enough staff, Drivers & Guards knew the traction when relieving or starting new diagrams.

TPE don't need anymore bad publicity. So do it right and delay further if need be.

sjpowermac

Established Member
Longsight might have had all the official photos today, but for me 68024 was again the ‘Centaur’ of attraction;)
07385949-C237-4C5D-8921-6DB92A076DF7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.