• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Mark 5A coaching stock progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAH

It's certainly my view that there will be a "sparks effect" and significant suppressed demand due to the outrageous levels of overcrowding on the 185s, and that these sets will indeed be full very quickly. I reckon they will need to be extended to 7 or possibly even 8 coaches in pretty short order, that or put them on the Liverpool-Nottingham where they will be about right for demand and order more 80x.

Given that most of the overcrowding is on the core route of York to Manchester and that route will see double 185's on the Hulls, double capacity on the 802's and 100+ extra seats on the Mk 5's then I doubt these seats will fill up as many expect, bar peak services. TPE this time next year will have around 700 seats an hour extra. Maybe post TRU disruption we'll see these seats fill up quick.

What's clear though is that those 700 seats or so are needed ASAP... and we're not far off now!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bertie the bus

Established Member
There are paths for a 5Z47 from Basford Hall - Longtown in for Monday and Tuesday. There were similar paths two days last week but nothing ran. There have been several over the last month or two and none have run. Strange question, but do these paths serve a purpose? Are any going to be used for the reported secure storage of Mk 5as? Are there concrete plans to move some?

BeHereNow

The current plan for new trains intro is as follows...

Ad hoc Mk5A on Liverpool to Scarborough (05:56 from Liverpool, 0941 from Scarborough) from 5 August.

The main day to watch is Monday 21 October: a class 802 on Liverpool to Newcastle and back diagram will enter service.

4x Mk5A trains in passenger service from that day as well on Liverpool to Scarborough. Will remain as 4 sets until spring 2020.

Plus the 397s start on that day on select diagrams on the WCML.

Any more movement on these dates?

BeHereNow

I wonder what the reason for the latest delay is, nothing has come out about any technical failures...

EE Andy b1

Established Member
As them 2 Mk5a sets have been stood in Basford Hall now for several weeks, i too would like to know how Freightliner are supposedly "messing the moves up".

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Yes but my point was 5,6 & 7 Up sidings were being made fit (supposedly) for TPE Mk5a use. Not used yet that i know of.

2,3, & 4 Up are normally for Class 323s and 390s. I believe Northern will be moving out eventually.

Some sets were going into secure storage i believe, 3 at Crewe but none have yet.

SP Man

There are paths for a 5Z47 from Basford Hall - Longtown in for Monday and Tuesday. There were similar paths two days last week but nothing ran. There have been several over the last month or two and none have run. Strange question, but do these paths serve a purpose? Are any going to be used for the reported secure storage of Mk 5as? Are there concrete plans to move some?
If all goes to plan a 47 may be on load 15 in the morning!

FFFC 57

Yes but my point was 5,6 & 7 Up sidings were being made fit (supposedly) for TPE Mk5a use. Not used yet that i know of.

2,3, & 4 Up are normally for Class 323s and 390s. I believe Northern will be moving out eventually.

Some sets were going into secure storage i believe, 3 at Crewe but none have yet.
They are ready and waiting. But with only one set on shed, it would be pointless putting it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.