• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Mark 5A coaching stock progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
Does that mean it will be taken back to York for overnight stabling in future? This is a problem we don't suffer from as much as some our European neighbours, at least on passenger stock, presumably because it's usually kept in securely-fenced depots. Freight wagons are more likely to be targets, also stock on heritage railways.

If I remember correctly, there is a purpose built facility being built at Scarborough, just next to where the turntable is - you'll notice the sidings have been relaid recently.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Goldie

If I remember correctly, there is a purpose built facility being built at Scarborough, just next to where the turntable is - you'll notice the sidings have been relaid recently.

That's right. There's a thread over on the Infrastructure sub forum. And in fact I have some not very good photos somewhere on my phone of construction.

sjpowermac

Established Member
I find it funny as it's not Had any passengers yet and it's brand spanking new.
I don’t really get your drift there. It’s going to cost money, time and effort to get rid of something that’s utterly pointless.

Not my pic, so I hope the Flickr member doesn’t mind me sharing, but this is the damage:

https://flic.kr/p/RdzbP2

To my mind, it’s sickening to see that someone has daubed that on the side of a train.

anamyd

On Moderation
I don’t really get your drift there. It’s going to cost money, time and effort to get rid of something that’s utterly pointless.

Not my pic, so I hope the Flickr member doesn’t mind me sharing, but this is the damage:

https://flic.kr/p/RdzbP2

To my mind, it’s sickening to see that someone has daubed that on the side of a train.
Brand new multi million (...?) pound train, let's graffiti it!

People... :(

EE Andy b1

Established Member
I find it funny as it's not Had any passengers yet and it's brand spanking new.

Yes i bet whoever did this graffiti/vandalism found it quite funny as well. Disgusting!!

Any CCTV at Scarborough station? Must have taken a few minutes to do this mindless act.
Pity the CCTV on the 68 and DTSO were not working whilst shut down.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Funny doesn't have to mean humour. Funny can also mean odd or ironic (moronic in this case)

Just because someone stated they found it funny doesn't mean they were laughing. The problem with text based communication is it doesn't show emotion. Therefore what is read is literal whereas language makes much use of emotion to express meaning.

_toommm_

Established Member
Funny doesn't have to mean humour. Funny can also mean odd or ironic (moronic in this case)

Just because someone stated they found it funny doesn't mean they were laughing. The problem with text based communication is it doesn't show emotion. Therefore what is read is literal whereas language makes much use of emotion to express meaning.

But the emoji showed the emotion...

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Didn't a CAF set (not sure which type) collect graffiti during its time at Velim?
Presumably that was erased before it reached the UK.

sjpowermac

Established Member
Good point, though I don’t think anyone particularly took a pop at the OP;)

Given what happened to the stock I held off posting the pic below of a CAT with a cat;)

Pic taken at Bootham on Thursday. Now if only the local ‘artists’ could have been a bit more highbrow and produced a Centaur;)

For the avoidance of doubt, I strongly disapprove of graffiti of any sort, even if it were to come from classical mythology...

CF6B594C-94B2-486D-B1FF-D89A3FC1D5FA.jpeg

Muenchener

Does that mean it will be taken back to York for overnight stabling in future? This is a problem we don't suffer from as much as some our European neighbours, at least on passenger stock, presumably because it's usually kept in securely-fenced depots. Freight wagons are more likely to be targets, also stock on heritage railways.
Enhanced security required. Man and a Tazer are all that's required...

_toommm_

Established Member

sjpowermac

Established Member
Just a 68 presumably, rather than a full set?
Yes, TPE operated and 0P68/0M62 so just light engine. 68023 ‘Achilles’ is currently based at Scarborough so I’m guessing if this runs that will be 0M62 and a different one will have arrived on 0P68 to replace it.

sjpowermac

Established Member
On the left 68022 ‘Resolution’ on 0B62 10:00 York to Scarborough driver training run. On the right, a passenger who just got off a packed TPE train...
586DE65F-07E2-4419-865C-2EA326F1A6AE.jpeg

sjpowermac

Established Member
Are you sure it wasn't after a ride on a 142 on jointed track??8-)
I had the misfortune to commute by 142 for six years, I’d be happy to give the scrap yard a helping hand with those;) Ducks for cover as the Pacer mafia arrive to tell us how great the 142s are...

Here’s an abstract of 68024 again the Centaur of attention at Scarborough...and before anyone asks, no, it’s not graffiti;)
351EB54C-3685-4ABC-BA92-6553E5C6857D.jpeg

anamyd

On Moderation
I had the misfortune to commute by 142 for six years, I’d be happy to give the scrap yard a helping hand with those;) Ducks for cover as the Pacer mafia arrive to tell us how great the 142s are...

Here’s an abstract of 68024 again the Centaur of attention at Scarborough...and before anyone asks, no, it’s not graffiti;)
View attachment 59888
Your photos are amazing! Have I not said that before now...?

Status
Not open for further replies.