• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Mark 5A coaching stock progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LittleAH

They should at least test the new trains to Middlesbrough.

The Nova 3's won't be going there when the first come into operation, so right now it's best to test on the actual route they will be used on. They will test to Middlesbrough ahead of that service swapping over from the 185s. No point wasting finite resources.

sjpowermac

Established Member
I think it will be Diagram 1 Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
That’s brilliant, thank you very much indeed for that:)

That light in the cooler group compartment looks good on night shots, be great if it needed to be ‘tested’ at York one night this week;)

sjpowermac

Established Member
The Manchester to Liverpool part of last night’s ‘diagram 2’ was caped last night.

In its place there was a 23:04 MID to York. This ran in much the same path from Manchester. Interestingly it made calls at Cross Gates and Garforth.

The return working was 22:25 York to Eccles then 06:33 Eccles to MID (which ran an hour early).

I notice there’s no MID-Carlisle today, so fingers crossed for the evening trip to Scarborough:)

Erniescooper

The Manchester to Liverpool part of last night’s ‘diagram 2’ was caped last night.

In its place there was a 23:04 MID to York. This ran in much the same path from Manchester. Interestingly it made calls at Cross Gates and Garforth.

The return working was 22:25 York to Eccles then 06:33 Eccles to MID (which ran an hour early).

I notice there’s no MID-Carlisle today, so fingers crossed for the evening trip to Scarborough:)
Not looking good for Scarborough tonight, it looks like there may just be a run to Crewe and Liverpool

Ben Bow

Whilst test runs elsewhere are very welcome progress, it can't be overstated that it's those Carlisle/Bletchley mileage runs which are the absolute key to making real headway. I believe its only set 9 which has done the runs so far and it has been on them for nearly 3 months now.

Fez14

Is the liverpool York run happening tonight as real-time trains saying run as required and gives no time updates ?

sjpowermac

Established Member
Is the liverpool York run happening tonight as real-time trains saying run as required and gives no time updates ?
Last night’s workings were:

18:26 MID-Crewe
20:10 Crewe-Liverpool
22:06 Liverpool-Crewe
23:22 Crewe-Liverpool
01:00 Liverpool-Crewe
02:16 Liverpool-MID

Let’s keep our fingers crossed for some TransPennine action tonight:)

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Let’s keep our fingers crossed for some TransPennine action tonight:)

Let's keep our fingers crossed for some TransPennine in service with passengers from May!!:frown:

This is getting ridiculous now. Theses trains are needed in service like yesterday.:rolleyes:

Come on CAF step it up a bit.

Ben Bow

Let's keep our fingers crossed for some TransPennine in service with passengers from May!!:frown:

This is getting ridiculous now. Theses trains are needed in service like yesterday.:rolleyes:

TPE have already said they won't enter service in May.

sjpowermac

Established Member

And needed in many haulage books too;)

EE Andy b1

Established Member
TPE have already said they won't enter service in May.

Think that's why i'm frowning.

Seemingly nobody accountable to anybody for this debacle!

BREXIT looks like it's going well compared to what's happening on the railways at the moment. :D:lol:

sjpowermac

Established Member
I like many was really looking forward to travelling on these services whether comfortable or not, will get on one, one day this year hopefully.
The website does say ‘entering service in 2019’, so I guess there might be another 31st December special;)

EE Andy b1

Established Member
The website does say ‘entering service in 2019’, so I guess there might be another 31st December special;)

That'll do it, a quick jolly from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Airport and back to fulfil TPE commitment for 2019!! :D:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.