• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Mark 5A coaching stock progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member

mikemcniven

Last edited:

_toommm_

Established Member
Been some movement about today. Been a Class 68 swap between Manchester International and Crewe with 68026 returning to Crewe (I presume for exam) and see here passing though Gatley

Transpennine Express 68026
by Mike McNiven, on Flickr

Around 5 minutes later 68030 'Black Douglas' passed through with an unknown MK5a set after doing MID - Carlisle - Crewe - MID again seen at Gatley

Transpennine Express 68030

With 68019 running from Crewe to Wavertree Junction today too.

sjpowermac

Established Member
Been some movement about today. Been a Class 68 swap between Manchester International and Crewe with 68026 returning to Crewe (I presume for exam) and see here passing though Gatley

Around 5 minutes later 68030 'Black Douglas' passed through with an unknown MK5a set after doing MID - Carlisle - Crewe - MID again seen at Gatley

Transpennine Express MK5a
Some fantastic images there, thanks for sharing.

SP Man

Transpennine Express MK5a
That was set 9 doing final few FFR miles.

sjpowermac

Established Member
That would be really excellent. However, I saw a description of the run elsewhere described as "a fault finding run" rather than "fault free mileage accumulation", whilst probably somewhat tongue-in-cheek I sadly fear that there is some real truth in it.
Don’t want to say I told you so, but...;)

Ben Bow

Don’t want to say I told you so, but...;)

On this occasion I am more than happy to be proved wrong! That really is good news. So the next step is getting the set handed over to TPE so that crew training can get underway.

sjpowermac

Established Member
On this occasion I am more than happy to be proved wrong! That really is good news. So the next step is getting the set handed over to TPE so that crew training can get underway.
Fingers crossed that TPE have a plan for that;)

Ben Bow

dilbertphil

Fingers crossed that TPE have a plan for that;)

Instructors training to commence early May, subject to the set being ready. Crew training will follow after that, I would imagine end of June early July to see one in service if all goes well.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Interesting that that video shows them off with no tables. I assume tables are being fitted?

(Shame about the s***s ruining what is an absolutely beautiful looking piece of rolling stock inside and out - fix those and what you have is a genuine ICE quality interior which must surely still be the European benchmark for such things)

Cuboid

I would image the lack of tables makes it easier to modify/fix problems internally with them not getting in the way, or if they need the space for something.

driver9000

Established Member
Interesting that that video shows them off with no tables. I assume tables are being fitted?

(Shame about the s***s ruining what is an absolutely beautiful looking piece of rolling stock inside and out - fix those and what you have is a genuine ICE quality interior which must surely still be the European benchmark for such things)

Not fitted yet. Seating plans show tables.

sjpowermac

Established Member
Instructors training to commence early May, subject to the set being ready. Crew training will follow after that, I would imagine end of June early July to see one in service if all goes well.
Thanks for that. Be nice if it coincided with my August holiday:)

Status
Not open for further replies.