• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Nova 1 Class 802/2 Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

3973EXL

Established Member
6X80 66732 2x802
No numbers on the units.

Labels in the window, one maybe 802205?
Can't tell lineside, need to be on a platform.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
802201 was awaiting entry into Newcastle around 06:05 this morning in the Bensham area behind a couple of XC ECS moves also Newcastle bound. Obviously out on test runs but pan was down so will be running on diesel

Mathew S

Established Member
Noticed this sign at Stalybridge platform 4.
Is the TPE 5 & 6 for a Nova and double 185 respectively? View attachment 63732
It corresponds to the ASDO selective door opening system. If you look at the track adjacent to the sign, you'll see a yellow bar which is a beacon. The ASDO equipped train needs to stop close to that yellow beacon for the ASDO to function.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
It corresponds to the ASDO selective door opening system. If you look at the track adjacent to the sign, you'll see a yellow bar which is a beacon. The ASDO equipped train needs to stop close to that yellow beacon for the ASDO to function.
You sure about that? The beacons for ASDO are normally at the entry to the platform? (Which isn’t to say there won’t be a beacon at both ends if the line is bidirectional.)

JN114

Established Member
You sure about that? The beacons for ASDO are normally at the entry to the platform? (Which isn’t to say there won’t be a beacon at both ends if the line is bidirectional.)

Depends entirely on the system in question

themiller

Looking at the situation at Carlisle regarding the ADSO beacons, they are fitted at the entrance to platforms. On through platforms, they are fitted at both ends. Fitment is alongside platform but not right at the end. Each beacon is uniquely identified by platform (and which end if appropriate) thus suggesting that a train must 'see' which platform it's in and that the whole train is past the beacon but not past the beacon at the exit from the platform. Therefore, each train must hold digital map of all beacons that the TOC operates. Because of this, I would expect that detectors at both ends of the train to function on arrival for the door operation to be automatic. I hope that someone on here can confirm my hypothesis.

themiller

Yesterday 397003 stopped at the stop board at the north end of platform 3 in Carlisle. The north end beacon is some distance further north. This suggests that the beacons have been placed for safety whilst the stop boards have been placed for passenger reasons (comfort) - perhaps to minimise walking distance.

Mathew S

Established Member
There's definitely a beacon next to the signs at Staleybridge, Piccadilly, and somewhere else that I've seen them but I can't for the life of me think where. That said, it's also possible that it is bi-di and the beacons just happen to line up at both ends. I'm sure someone who is familiar with the trains themselves can give a definitive answer.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
The C-ASDO system basically works on the basis once a carriage passes an entry beacon, that carriages doors will release on command. If the carriage doesn't pass a beacon, the doors will not operate.

STANDISH

Can anybody confirm, whether there is 802/2 TPE unit in Basford Hall Sidings hidden away behind numerous wagons when we went past on Saturday morning.

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Can anybody confirm, whether there is 802/2 TPE unit in Basford Hall Sidings hidden away behind numerous wagons when we went past on Saturday morning.

There are 2 Mk5a sets rear end to rear end in Basford Hall for storage.

Covshire1

There are 2 Mk5a sets rear end to rear end in Basford Hall for storage.
Does anyone know which set numbers they are? I imagine that a few hundred odd enthusiasts will be after spotting them from 'Basford Bank' on Saturday.

Looks like it was 802 202. Currently at platform 5 at York. Pan down

Next door to LNER 801 108 at platform 6.

C51EAC19-D082-4D63-B43D-F1E4101170F0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.