• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Nova 1 Class 802/2 Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpjm

Maybe the 68 features heavily in a ‘director’s cut’ version;)
Sorry to disappoint, but it's a Cl 802 that runs past Notepad. Did you not see the tick in the box on his page? :D
(and incidentally, my new profile picture is from said TV Advert shoot)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Established Member
On my first one now. Same negatives with poor comfort, ludicrously bright lighting, appalling ride, etc.

But also, the luggage space is terrible! First class doesn't even have a single luggage stack in it. Good thing first class travellers don't go long-distance or anything... /s

On the plus side, there's loads of room in both classes, but I am in agreement with other posters that this will soon fill up!

On my first one now. Same negatives with poor comfort, ludicrously bright lighting, appalling ride, etc.

But also, the luggage space is terrible! First class doesn't even have a single luggage stack in it. Good thing first class travellers don't go long-distance or anything... /s

On the plus side, there's loads of room in both classes, but I am in agreement with other posters that this will soon fill up!

The overhead luggage racks are enormous.

3973EXL

Established Member
5Q53 Eastleigh - Doncaster
Then 5Q54 1737 to Heaton
TPE livery

Last edited:

Metal_gee_man

Yep, just passed it 5Q53 on the down slows near Alexandra Palace, they do look very nice in TPE colours, well much better than they do as Azumas.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member

I was on 9M13 earlier on duty, wasn't able to work the train as I haven't been signed on 802s yet, notwithstanding and frustratingly the fact I could have taken over crewless and cancelled 9M12... (I tried to tell them..)

Anyway my point bring Coach E 1st class the wheelchair space had been taken over by luggage and was full of kids. It was essentially a creche! My first thought was Operation Princess all over again...

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Yep, just passed it 5Q53 on the down slows near Alexandra Palace, they do look very nice in TPE colours, well much better than they do as Azumas.

So why on earth aae we using naked 802s when there's numerous liverid up units available. It's like they don't want the preliminary services running attached to the brand, much like the Mk3s...

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Anyway my point bring Coach E 1st class the wheelchair space had been taken over by luggage and was full of kids. It was essentially a creche! My first thought was Operation Princess all over again...

I fear that's that "suppressed demand" coming out to play? The key difference from Princess is that that actually reduced overall capacity - it didn't even keep it the same - as two 4 car Voyagers have fewer seats in Standard than one 7 car (one 1st) HST.

Spartacus

Established Member
802217 has now been assembled at Newton Aycliffe, and is currently making its maiden voyage on the rails south to Eastleigh today as 5Q99 from Doncaster Carr.

The boys at Eastleigh won't like that, they seem to think they should run a 5Xxxs! :rolleyes:

sjpowermac

Established Member
Sorry to disappoint, but it's a Cl 802 that runs past Notepad. Did you not see the tick in the box on his page? :D
(and incidentally, my new profile picture is from said TV Advert shoot)
Ah, yes an 802, probably why the spotter looks bowled;)

Southwest93

802217 has now been assembled at Newton Aycliffe, and is currently making its maiden voyage on the rails south to Eastleigh today as 5Q99 from Doncaster Carr.

I took a video of this at Sandy this morning.

How quick can the boys at Eastleigh get the vinyl on?

cheers

3973EXL

Established Member
I took a video of this at Sandy this morning.

How quick can the boys at Eastleigh get the vinyl on?

cheers

802215 arrived 17/10
departed 29/10
802202 arrived 23/10
depart ? guess, 5/11.
802217 arrived 30/10
depart ? guess, week after 202.

tpjm

Anyway my point bring Coach E 1st class the wheelchair space had been taken over by luggage and was full of kids. It was essentially a creche!
This has been picked up. People will learn eventually that the wheelchair space is for wheelchairs and not any old large items that you used to “always put in the disabled bit”. Just need to get into the habit of making sure customers are deflected to more appropriate areas of the train.

So why on earth aae we using naked 802s when there's numerous liverid up units available. It's like they don't want the preliminary services running attached to the brand, much like the Mk3s...
Not all the liveried units have been accepted yet. Several of those that have are undergoing exam or snagging. Anyway, it’s not like 350 403 isn’t running in grey!

td97

Established Member
Probably driver knowledge, or, more likely on the ECML, power supply constraints.
Wouldn't explain over Chat Moss. There have also been no previous comments about TPE's 802 restricted to diesel on the ECML south of Chathill since the signalling was fixed.
It's my understanding drivers are taught to drive the units fully in one course, encompassing both diesel and electric modes.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
There have also been no previous comments about TPE's 802 restricted to diesel on the ECML south of Chathill since the signalling was fixed.

I thought it was north of Chathill due to power supply constraints or is this an additional restriction?

hstmatt

I believe one of the 802s is due an exam on its pantograph and as such, Hitachi have restricted it to operating diesel only until such exam has taken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.