• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Nova 1 Class 802/2 Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mdu 66741

Think it's just a temporary thing as CASDO failed a couple of months ago and is being re-evaluated.

However it is 802 201 in its first passenger service, doing one out and back trip today.

Currently running 11 late but with missing the Chester le street stop and with 125 running to a 100mph schedule should be on time by York....

Will there be anymore possible runs in service possibly

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
First time a TPE service has run at 125mph in service too...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190928-070038.png
    Screenshot_20190928-070038.png
    663.5 KB · Views: 205

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Definitely doesn't pull as well on diesel as it did on electric but on the whole I'm quite impressed with it. Far smoother than a 185 and quieter too.

The train crew are experiencing teething difficulties but are coping admirably, particularly as the crews are being assessed for traction training competence too. They will then start training the crews themselves next month

Nova 1 service in operation today which will be in service for the following:
9M04 - 06:03 NCL to LIV
9E09 - 09:25 LIV to NCL

sjpowermac

Established Member
Definitely doesn't pull as well on diesel as it did on electric but on the whole I'm quite impressed with it. Far smoother than a 185 and quieter too.

The train crew are experiencing teething difficulties but are coping admirably, particularly as the crews are being assessed for traction training competence too. They will then start training the crews themselves next month
Congratulations to all involved. Just a short York-Leeds hop for me, but really enjoyed it. 082D4974-A1B2-4F4F-970D-41FEB68BA101.jpeg

NoelSP

On it now - very nice but signage and announcements say it’s going to Edinburgh Waverley!

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Is it any different to an LNER Satzuma or a GwR IET?
The exterior livery is better.

NoelSP

Just got off at Leeds - impressed but delays getting on and off due to numbers and waiting for doors opening

dk1

Veteran Member
Looks like it operated in diesel mode from Manchester to Liverpool. Not sure whether they are passed to operate pan-up in this section yet.

dk1

Veteran Member
Looks like it operated in diesel mode from Manchester to Liverpool. Not sure whether they are passed to operate pan-up in this section yet.
Just seen a video arriving at Lime St with the leading pan up. Confused as other photos shew it down. Seems the changeover took place at Newton Le Willows.

yrreb

It operated in electric between Manchester and Liverpool on both journeys. Pantograph went back up at York on the trip back up to Newcastle

Jonny

Established Member
Just seen on Journey Check that it isn't calling at Chester-le-Street due to "this train not stopping in the correct position at a station". I hope this issue gets fixed quickly as otherwise Chester-le-Street would soon end up being skipped by almost everything that's booked to call there...

Think it's just a temporary thing as CASDO failed a couple of months ago and is being re-evaluated.

However it is 802 201 in its first passenger service, doing one out and back trip today.

Currently running 11 late but with missing the Chester le street stop and with 125 running to a 100mph schedule should be on time by York....

I should hope so, as near enough everything showing as booked from December seems to be an 802. The only stop boards at present are for the 185s, and there have been a lot of Network Rail personnel working around the track (and the equipment compound by the neutral section) but little change. Also the station is wedged between a bridge and a neutral section so platform lengthening is do-able but likely to be awkward. Also, they have been doing quite a bit of work on the platform area and fencing, etc.

Jonny

Established Member
I cant believe how they can run such a train Huddersfield-Leeds-York in the morning peak when we are told there is no capacity

I presume that the timetable includes ^redundancy^ so as to prevent gridlock. It is based on what can be guaranteed to run.

dk1

Veteran Member
It operated in electric between Manchester and Liverpool on both journeys. Pantograph went back up at York on the trip back up to Newcastle
It's strange because a photographer caught it arriving Newton Le Willows in diesel then raised the front pantograph before continuing to Lime St.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Today was just a dry run. The trainers who were on board today now need to start training the staff. Unknown when the next run out is but there are lessons to be learnt from today's run

@Jonny there are C-ASDO balises on the track already in place which the 185s will use when in 6 car configuration. The 802s use a GPS based system which is pre programmed into the train. Today however the train refused to accept the configuration so there were no automated announcements, reservation displays etc and every stop had to be acknowledged by the driver at each station before he could release the doors which cost a bit of dwell time. Wether this was in spite of the station stop cancellation or contributed to it I cannot say. There was a door fault at Durham leading it to be locked out of use. As far as the staff on board were concerned however it appeared to be a successful dry run and I await my turn in the training roster with interest

Bantamzen

Established Member
30-odd posts on the first passenger run today - and no mention of the seats...

Patience, there will be time for the inevitable discussion on the seats being too hard, too high, not at quite the right angle, too close together, too far apart, not lined up with windows, not enough airline seats, too many airline seats, the wrong colour.... ;)

sjpowermac

Established Member
30-odd posts on the first passenger run today - and no mention of the seats...

Patience, there will be time for the inevitable discussion on the seats being too hard, too high, not at quite the right angle, too close together, too far apart, not lined up with windows, not enough airline seats, too many airline seats, the wrong colour.... ;)
Let me just place these here, and let the fun commence;)
60DA4B8E-2EC6-4822-B91C-BB06D916E714.jpeg E3AD64D4-0ED9-44DB-8BCA-A583F3CBEEFC.jpeg 66443CA4-47C9-4621-BC1A-91BC447DB746.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.