• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Nova1 down South ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

malc-c

Seems 802214 TPE Nova 1 was a little off area today :) - My friend caught it running through Sandy today

5S96 from London Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley. - Can anyone shed some light on what / why a TPE would be doing running this far south? - Are TPE looking at operating in competition with LNER with trains into London and this will be a regular driver training experience ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
5S96 from London Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley. - Can anyone shed some light on what / why a TPE would be doing running this far south?
With that headcode, likely to be on hire to East Coast Trains for driver training.

Indeed, the inbound working was shown as operated by 'LD' - ie East Coast Trains - rather than 'ZZ'.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:N41067/2021-08-17/detailed

TPE have spare 802s which mean they can hire them to East Coast Trains for this purpose instead of ECT using their own 803s. ECT have similarly hired Hull Trains 802s as well.

Are TPE looking at operating in competition with LNER with trains into London
No.

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
They visited Kings Cross quite regularly during mileage accumulation a couple of years back as well.

MDB1images

802214 was at Preston on Monday on a route/traction/training run so presume a spare set at EC.

03_179

Established Member
Hi all,

Tuesday at 09:58 I saw what I thought was a blue IET pass me (I was on 1S08 0830 KGX-EDB) at Ranskill Loop area.

It had a headcode of 5xxx and I thought it was a 803 due to the colour. I was looking at Traksy at the time and it said it was 5xxx Edinburgh to Kings Cross.

Some said it was 5E81.

Could this be tied in to this?

If so then it was 802214?

_toommm_

Established Member
Hi all,

Tuesday at 09:58 I saw what I thought was a blue IET pass me (I was on 1S08 0830 KGX-EDB) at Ranskill Loop area.

It had a headcode of 5xxx and I thought it was a 803 due to the colour. I was looking at Traksy at the time and it said it was 5xxx Edinburgh to Kings Cross.

Some said it was 5E81.

Could this be tied in to this?

If so then it was 802214?

It will have been this one:

There have been tests of the 803s on these services, and they're currently in plain blue livery (a similar blue to Hull Trains blue IIRC - there's a link to an image of one here: https://flic.kr/p/2m36NsL) so it may have been one of those; or like other posters noted, it could well be a TPE 802.

SeanG

I understand that an 802 was stuck at Kings Cross for a while last week after a driver locked themselves out with the key still inside the cab. Apparently the keys are different to the other 800/801/802s and the nearest key was in Doncaster...

Status
Not open for further replies.