• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE now running to MIA again

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelred

Apologies if this has been picked up elsewhere. Searched the forums and couldn't find anything. Feel free to delete if I'm duplicating.

The TPE services between Redcar Central and Manchester started running to the Airport again via the Chord on Sunday. They'd been running direct to Piccadilly after Stalybridge and terminating there. Now back running the original route via Victoria and Oxford Road.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Apologies if this has been picked up elsewhere. Searched the forums and couldn't find anything. Feel free to delete if I'm duplicating.

The TPE services between Redcar Central and Manchester started running to the Airport again via the Chord on Sunday. They'd been running direct to Piccadilly after Stalybridge and terminating there. Now back running the original route via Victoria and Oxford Road.
The Sundays remained unaltered throughout. Too much pain for not enough gain (that could be said of emergency timetables more widely but that's another discussion).

Certainly was 'unique' having such a major station and depot served by just a handful of Anglo Scottish and early/late services though.

travelred

The Sundays remained unaltered throughout. Too much pain for not enough gain (that could be said of emergency timetables more widely but that's another discussion).

Certainly was 'unique' having such a major station and depot served by just a handful of Anglo Scottish and early/late services though.
Sorry, I meant they started to run *daily* services again as of last Sunday. I guess technically they started yesterday, if the Sunday service never stopped!

JRT

This is the December 2020 basic timetable, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

peak-hour variations occur, but please note early finish on many routes.

* Liverpool Lime Street –> Newcastle ¹ HOURLY
* Manchester Airport –> Redcar Central via Ordsall Chord HOURLY

* Manchester Victoria –> York (calls at Dewsbury) every 30 minutes

* Huddersfield –> Leeds stopper hourly
* Manchester Piccadilly –> Huddersfield stopper hourly ³

* Manchester Piccadilly–>Hull hourly (calls at Stalybridge ²)
* York – Scarborough hourly

* Newcastle – Edinburgh two trips a day

¹ 15-minutes layover at Manchester Victoria on most trips.
² Peak hour, evening and Sunday trains call at stations between Stalybridge and Huddersfield
³ Doesn't run on evenings or Sundays

Jamesrob637

Established Member
I have to applaud TPE for resuming frequencies so early on. Other TOCs can definitely take note there.

There are still issues such as driver training on the new trains, however they are keeping the existing fleet for now so most services can run 5-or 6-car.

Status
Not open for further replies.