• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Qualified Driver Assessment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wireman

Anyone have any idea as to what type of Assessment/s TPE does for a qualified driver position? i read in a previous post it was dots however that was back in 2012 so i am not to sure how accurate that info is anymore.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wireman

wow thats interesting i thought that was something you did at the start to become a trainee. thanks aivilo what depot do you work from?

Aivilo

After successful application we were the invited to
do the standard online SJT and then to rail house for group bourdon, SCAAT and basic information gathering assessment. It's marked to an enhanced industry standard.

I failed the interview sadly and ended up staying with my toc

Trainguy90

I had mine last year
Was basically Scaat test and a drivers report writing exercise, followed by the managers interview in the afternoon

going off what Aivilo has said it sounds like they just pick a couple of the psychometric paper tests each time just to help whittle down the numbers a bit, think there were about 30 there when I went

Aivilo

More or less the same by the sound of it. Sounds like the online situational judgement test and group bourdon were the only extra items. Interviews weren't done for us on the day either

Wireman

Thats good news Trainguy what depot did you end up in? and im sorry to hear you didnt make it aivilo.

Aivilo

Didn't know they pooled qualified drivers.

Like I say no Biggie I stayed at my place and moved on later

Danno85

Hello all.

I have just been booked in for an assessment day for qualified drivers next week at TPE.

Would I be right in thinking that the interview part of the day covers rules and procedures?

Any info from anybody would be really appreciated.

Aivilo

Didn't interview on the day was just assessments.

Interview covered usual competencies and several rule based questions

Hi All,

I have a TPE qualified driver assessment day coming up very soon. Could anyone give me some idea of what to expect the tests to be ? Reading above they don’t interview on the day , it’s just assessments. Would like to know what type of assessments so I can be sure I’m up to date,

thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.