• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Refunds of Advance tickets for RTV following COVID-19 second lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Does anyone know how long TPE are currently taking to process refunds of Advance tickets following the relaxation of the usual refund rules in light of the second lockdown? Are they sending RTVs out in the post to people are adding e-vouchers to the online account used to book the tickets?

I submitted a refund request to them a week ago online. I received a refund reference number upon submission but no email confirmation. Their site at the time said they were taking 5 days to process. I am still waiting for the RTV refund to arrive in the post or any confirmation of such.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Rail Travel Vouchers for TPE. Before lockdown, it was about 10 days for a refund so not sure on what the current time scales are (likely to be extended of course).

trainophile

Established Member
I have just received an email with a voucher number that I can either put on my next ticket purchase or save into my TPE account for future use.

Took about a fortnight from submitting the claim.

Edit: Sorry, it's an "e-voucher code".

_toommm_

Established Member
I have just received an email with a voucher number that I can either put on my next ticket purchase or save into my TPE account for future use.

Took about a fortnight from submitting the claim.

Edit: Sorry, it's an "e-voucher code".
Interesting, they told me it was RTVs only.

trainophile

Established Member
Just checked and I submitted my claims on 12th November, and have just received the first e-voucher. That's only eight days, but I have more still outstanding.

gray1404

Established Member
I've just checked my browsing history and I submitted my refund request to TPE on 12 November 2020 so hopefully I'll here back soon.

Did anyone receive any email confirmation from TPE once they had submitted their COVID-19/RTV refund request? I didn't receive any email confirmation, just a refund reference number on the screen at the end of the process. As they appear to be sending e-voucher codes out by email though, important that the email address entered is correct. Hopefully I didn't mistype my email address!

Also, when adding a e-voucher code to your TPE account, if I want to end up using the code to buy a ticket using their WEBtis booking engine, is it important that I "add it" when logged into WEBtis as well (and not their newer booking engine)?

Last edited:

Haywain

Veteran Member
Hopefully I didn't mistype my email address!
Were you not requesting your refund through, and while logged into, your account? It would seem strange to be able to request an online refund without being logged in.

gray1404

Established Member
That's really strange. I didn't receive an email confirmation but I did receive a reference number on the confirmation screen. I've just logged onto my account and the tickets are not showing as Refunded or "changes made". Also as I submitted mine the same day as you and I've not heard back it makes me wonder if mine as gone a miss. I've just resubmitted and received an email confirmation right away so hopefully will hear back in due course. Looks like my original attempt suffered a glitch.

For the tickets you've had refunded using the above form and receiving the e voucher for, do they show as "refunded" or "changes made" in your online account when you log in? If so, I'll keep an eye on this. Hopefully I didn't enter the wrong email address and the wrong person has/will be sent my e-voucher code.

Last edited:

gray1404

Established Member
Yes, checked my junk folder too. My tickets still say Completed. I know it's gone though for sure now so I'll just keep an eye on it.

It the status changes to "manual control" against the tickets and I've not received anything from them I'll have to contact them. Hopefully the one that did go though today correct (email confirmation received for) will solve it now and the first one was "lost/glitch in the system".

Thanks so much for your help! :)

trainophile

Established Member
No worries. It's funny that we were both doing our claims on 12th Nov. I notice the confirmation numbers kept incrementing by two, and wondered who else was busy doing the same thing!

gray1404

Established Member
My voucher on my account, once I entered the code, is showing as multi use. Also the email from TPE says: When you reach the payment page you can enter your code, click the add button, and we’ll use it towards the cost of your journey. Any remaining value can be used towards a future booking.

trainophile

Established Member
Hope it’s okay to bump this thread.

I am collecting a ticket this morning that was bought wholly with a credit on my TPE account, and it occurs to me that as I didn’t use a credit or debit card for the transaction, what do I use for the ToD machine?

I won’t be at a TPE station, and even at the counter they ask you to insert your card. Will any card work, otherwise I will have a problem?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Hope it’s okay to bump this thread.

I am collecting a ticket this morning that was bought wholly with a credit on my TPE account, and it occurs to me that as I didn’t use a credit or debit card for the transaction, what do I use for the ToD machine?

I won’t be at a TPE station, and even at the counter they ask you to insert your card. Will any card work, otherwise I will have a problem?
You use a credit or debit card. The transaction will be set to ‘any card’ collection.

trainophile

Established Member
Thank you, I was just re-checking the confirmation email and found it says "a" credit or debit card, so that's great. Thanks also for the quick reply at this ungodly hour!

Status
Not open for further replies.