TPE refuse delay repay on images of their own e-Tickets

Discussion in 'Disputes & Prosecutions' started by ianBR, 23 Oct 2018.

1. _toommm_

_toommm_ Established Member

Oops! The keys are so close together these days :D

2. route:oxford

route:oxford Established Member

If TPE are messing about with it, then the best thing to do is to raise a complaint with the credit card provider. They'll take one look at it and chargeback the full journey cost.

3. causton

causton Established Member

Can you not view/resend/look at the ticket details and potentially download the PDF ticket again through the app?

Seems reasonable enough that if they cannot see the details such as the price, they do not know how much to pay you!

And some people may think this is sarcastic, but I 100% believe this: in this day and age in this railway industry did anyone really expect the e-ticket/m-ticket setup to be integrated enough to allow customer service teams to be able to scan them? Call me cynical, but many revenue inspectors can't even scan them at the moment so good luck trying to get a delay repay processor to scan them.

4. Bungle965

Bungle965 Established Member

I have effectively given up with the TPE online form now, I have had 2 rejections on perfectly legitimate claims denied to me and the other couple that I have they have not paid back to me within the 20 days.
    However when you phone up TPE to chase them up they inform you that it is "head office" who deal with the online form and to re-submit it to them using their email address.
    I now do this for all of my delays and have not had an issue up to now.
    Sam

5. island

island Established Member

I work for a bank. It is unlikely to be anywhere near that simple.

6. route:oxford

route:oxford Established Member

Then you are clearly unfamiliar with the dispute process. Amex have immediately refunded me 3 times when I've booked a service online from Bridge of Allan to Edinburgh Airport (EDA) but the ticketing provided was only valid as far as Edinburgh Park. Scotrail protested that the fare charged was only equal to the fare from Bridge of Allan to Edinburgh Park due to a "system issue" - but that isn't my problem they didn't ticket my journey as booked and I was disadvantaged. So full refund.

7. _toommm_

_toommm_ Established Member

Amex are much more likely to though as their customers tend to be of the higher class. I know my bank will as they know me and I worked for their umbrella company, but any old claim might not be trusted.

8. island

island Established Member

I do take that point. Amex is not a bank and has quite different standards. For the majority using Visa and MasterCard cards, they can expect an investigation process and to be asked the steps that they have taken to exhaust the retailer’s own complaint processes.

9. js1000

js1000 Member

You should complain to Transport Focus if it is a legitimate claim. They are in breach of the their franchise agreement if they're refusing to pay out.

Personally, I use the freepost Delay Repay forms rather than the online form. I'd rather they pay for the postage for the inconvenience they cause me.