• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Trainee Conductor, Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainity

It’s a hard one to practice for to be honest. Prior to the assessment, you’ll be given an information pack that you have ten minutes to read and prepare for. Read the information CAREFULLY as it will give you clues about what is expected. If you’re quite a logical person, you’ll realise that if your service is a peak time service for example, you will not need to use most of the information regarding off-peak ticket or sell one [hint].

From my own memory it contained:
- a route map
- a timetable
- a map of one particular station [hint]
- a fare chart
- service information about if it’s peak or off-peak [hint]

You’ll also be given:
- a bumbag containing various tickets to ‘sell’
- a set amount in change.

When the role play begins, you’ll enter the room (or turn around) as if you’ve just entered the passenger carriage and be presented by a variety of ticketing issues or passenger queries that you will see in your role, and you must address them, fix them, and enforce them using the information provided in the text (you can refer back), all whilst being polite and professional to the ‘passenger’
I'm stuck at initial online assessment, customer service situation judgement questions, where you have to choose most and least answers. Can you please help me with it, I tried to private message you but I don't know how.

ACSlater

If it’s anything like the in-person pre-Covid questions:

- Do your background research on the company, apart from coronavirus, what challenges or perceptions are TPE currently facing and trying to change.
- Be able to tie your current job role to your potential new one (why has the role that you’re in now prepared you to be a good conductor?)
- Be prepared for customer service focused questions (particularly as all railway companies are trying to convince passengers back)
- research the role fully, what is your priority in the role and how do you prioritise?
- Have questions already prepared to ask the OBSMs and be as open and honest as you can. (What’s a typical day like? What’s the shift pattern currently? What’s the next step? Etc)
I have my interview this week. Care expand on any of this? I’d be forever grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.